Daifuku Co., Ltd. (株式会社ダイフク, Kabushiki-gaisha Daifuku) is a Japanese material-handling equipment company, founded in 1937, in Osaka. As of 2017[update] it was the leading material handling system supplier in the world.
|Traded as||TYO: 6383|
|Founded||May 20, 1937Osaka, Japanin|
Nishiyodogawa-ku, Osaka 555-0012,
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||JPY 405 billion (FY 2017) (US$ 3.8 billion) (FY 2017)|
|JPY 29 billion (FY 2017) (US$ 2273 million) (FY 2017)|
Number of employees
|9,193 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2018)|
|Subsidiaries||Jervis B. Webb Company (USA)|
BCS Group (New Zealand)
|Footnotes / references|
It was founded as Sakaguchi Kikai Seisakusho Ltd., and renamed to Kanematsu Kiko in 1944 then Daifuku Machinery Works Co., Ltd. in 1947. Its modern name Daifuku Co., Ltd. has been used since 1984.
The company name consists of two parts: Dai is one of the names for the character 大, and refers to Osaka (大阪市); fuku refers to Fukuchiyama, Kyoto, which was its second production location at the time.
- "Daifuku will buy Jervis B. Webb Co". Automotive News. November 26, 2007. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Corporate Profile". Daifuku. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "About the company". Financial Times. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- Bond, Josh (May 14, 2018). "Top 20 Material Handling System Suppliers in 2017". Logistic Management. EH Publishing.
- Official site (in English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation- or company-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|