Dahlgren Township, Carver County, Minnesota
|Dahlgren Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.5 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.1 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||41.0/sq mi (15.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663913|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.9 square miles (93 km2), of which 35.5 square miles (92 km2) is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) (1.22%) is water.
The west edge of the city of Carver is located within the township geographically but is a separate entity.
- Ave Lake
- E Union Lake
- Gaystock Lake
- Maria Lake (northeast quarter)
- Miller Lake
- Laketown Township (north)
- San Francisco Township (south)
- Hancock Township (southwest)
- Benton Township (west)
- Waconia Township (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Augustana, German Reformed, Preiss, Saint Nickolas and Swedish Lutheran.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,453 people, 479 households, and 403 families residing in the township. The population density was 41.0 people per square mile (15.8/km²). There were 483 housing units at an average density of 13.6/sq mi (5.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.76% White, 0.21% Native American, 0.34% Asian, 0.14% from other races, and 0.55% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.21% of the population.
There were 479 households out of which 40.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 76.8% were married couples living together, 4.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.7% were non-families. 10.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.03 and the average family size was 3.28.
In the township, the population was spread out with 29.7% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 31.2% from 25 to 44, 23.9% from 45 to 64, and 8.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 110.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 111.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $63,224, and the median income for a family was $68,977. Males had a median income of $41,250 versus $28,477 for females. The per capita income for the township was $23,747. About 1.0% of families and 2.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.2% of those under age 18 and 4.8% of those ages 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Dahlgren Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 82.