The Dacia Dokker is a panel van and leisure activity vehicle (LAV) built at the Renault factory in Tangier, Morocco. It was officially launched at the 2012 Casablanca Auto Show, and initially went on sale in Morocco in June 2012. It has been available in Romania since September 2012, and is marketed in Europe, North Africa and French overseas territories.
|Body and chassis|
Leisure activity vehicle (Dokker)|
Panel van (Dokker Van)
4-door panel van
|Platform||Dacia M0 platform|
1.2 L I4 TCe|
1.6 L I4
1.5 L I4 dCi
|Wheelbase||2,810 mm (110.6 in)|
|Length||4,363 mm (171.8 in)|
|Width||1,751 mm (68.9 in)|
|Height||1,814 mm (71.4 in)|
|Curb weight||1,165–1,405 kg (2,568–3,097 lb)|
It is manufactured in passenger and panel van variants, as well as a crossover version, the Dokker Stepway, introduced at the 2012 Istanbul Motor Show, featuring body elements similar to the Sandero Stepway. It is marketed in CIS countries and Middle East as Renault Dokker, but not in other parts of the world because it would cannibalise sales of its French sourced brother, the Renault Kangoo. A heavily revised version is produced in Argentina as Renault Nueva Kangoo (Renault New Kangoo).
The name Dokker is a play on the words dock worker, and according to the manufacturer it is expressing the high carrying capacity of the model and its modular interior and robustness.
The passenger version offers five seats and has a luggage capacity of 800 litres (28 cu ft), with a maximum load length of 1.16 m (3.8 ft). It features one sliding side door, and as an option it can be ordered with sliding doors on both sides. The rear bench seat can be split asymmetrically and it can also be tipped forward against the front seats, which creates a carrying capacity of 3,000 litres (110 cu ft) and a load length of 1.57 m (5.2 ft).
The panel van version has a luggage capacity of 3,300 litres (120 cu ft) and a maximum load length of 1.90 m (6.2 ft), thanks to the foldable front passenger seat, that can also be tipped forward against the glove box to free up space for a load length of up to 2.42 m (7.9 ft). If the front seat is removed altogether it provides a carrying capacity of 3,900 litres (140 cu ft) and a maximum load length of load length of up to 3.11 m (10.2 ft).
The payload capacity is 750 kg (1,653 lb). It also has a second sliding side door as an option and features asymmetric rear doors that can open to 90 or to 180 degrees.
It can be equipped with the Media Nav system, that combines navigation and audios functions, featuring Bluetooth hands free connectivity and auxiliary USB and jack sockets. Other optional equipment offered are the cruise control and the rear parking sensors.
|Code||Capacity||Type||Power||Torque||Top speed||Acceleration 0–100 km/h||Combined consumption||CO2 emissions|
|H5Ft 402||1,198 cc||DOHC 16v Turbo||115 hp (86 kW; 117 PS) at 4500 rpm||190 N⋅m (140 lb⋅ft) at 2000 rpm||179 km/h (111 mph)||10.6 s||6.2 L/100 km (46 mpg‑imp; 38 mpg‑US)||140 g/km|
|K7M 812||1,598 cc||SOHC 8v||85 hp (63 kW; 86 PS) at 5000 rpm||134 N⋅m (99 lb⋅ft) at 2800 rpm||160 km/h (99 mph)||14.5 s||7.5 L/100 km (38 mpg‑imp; 31 mpg‑US)||175 g/km|
|K9K 612||1,461 cc||SOHC 8v Turbo Diesel||75 hp (56 kW; 76 PS) at 4000 rpm||180 N⋅m (130 lb⋅ft) at 1750 rpm||169 km/h (105 mph)||12.4 s||4.5 L/100 km (63 mpg‑imp; 52 mpg‑US)||118 g/km|
|K9K 612||1,461 cc||SOHC 8v Turbo Diesel||90 hp (67 kW; 91 PS) at 3750 rpm||200 N⋅m (150 lb⋅ft) at 1750 rpm||175 km/h (109 mph)||11.6 s||4.5 L/100 km (63 mpg‑imp; 52 mpg‑US)||118 g/km|
It features standard ABS with electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), and as an option it can be equipped with electronic stability control (ESC). The standard equipment also includes driver and front passenger airbags, as well as side head and thorax airbags.
Renault Kangoo (Argentina)Edit
The Renault Kangoo is a vehicle produced by Renault Argentina and developed from the Dokker. It offers two engines: a 1.6-litre pretrol unit and a 1.5-litre diesel. The commercial version was launched in April 2018 and the passenger version (named Renault Kangoo Stepway) in May of that same year.
- Joseph, Noah (27 June 2012). "Dacia rolls out Dokker vanlet in Casablanca". Autoblog. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- "Dacia Dokker, disponibila in Romania". Top Gear. 18 September 2012. Archived from the original on 20 September 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Dacia Dokker – Perfect for families and professionals alike". Renault. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- "Două modele completează gama Dacia". Dacia. Archived from the original on 20 May 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Dacia Dokker Stepway - debut oficial la Salonul de la Istanbul". AutoMarket. 5 November 2012.
- "Dacia Dokker Stepway". Dacia Türkiye. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Dacia va opri productia Logan MCV in noiembrie si confirma ca la Paris aduce noile Sandero si Logan". 0–100.ro. 18 September 2012.
- "Dokker and Dokker Van the latest additions to the Dacia range". Renault. 28 June 2012.
- "La nueva Renault Kangoo ya se vende en la Argentina: motores, equipamiento y precios" [The new Renault Kangoo is already on sale in Argentina: engines, equipment and prices]. TN Autos. 7 April 2018. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Renault lanzó la nueva Kangoo para pasajeros: versiones, equipamiento y precios" [Renault launched the new Kangoo for passengers: versions, equipment and prices]. TN Autos. 31 May 2018. Retrieved 1 June 2018.