|Directed by||Baljit Singh Deo|
|Screenplay by||Gippy Grewal|
|Story by||Gippy Grewal|
|Music by||Jatinder Shah|
|Cinematography||Baljit Singh Deo|
|Edited by||Rohit Dhiman|
Daaka is a movie about two poverty-stricken men who have their own set of problems to deal with. One, named Shinda is a love bird who falls for the daughter of a retired school teacher, financially well off, and the other, Balli, the father of a girl child who is suffering from a stomach tumour. Both these men co-own a mobile repair 'khokha' but in order to sustain their business, they must pay the shop owner 2.5 lacs else they'll lose their space. When they manage to somehow gather a handsome sum to pay the shop owner, things take an unplanned turn and they're left with just a plan and that too of robbing their village bank. When they are robbing the bank, the criminal being held in the Jail cell escapes. This leads to a whole sequence of events, leaving both Shinda and Balli wanted by the police.
- Gippy Grewal as Shinda
- Zareen Khan as Laali
- Rana Ranbir as Balli
- Shehnaaz Kaur Gill as Pushpa
- Mukul Dev as Inspector Kuldeep Singh
- Hobby Dhaliwal as Sukhchain
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Sheth Mohan Lal
- Shavinder Mahal as Masterji (Laali's Father)
- Prince Kanwaljit Singh as Constable Beant Singh
- Baninder Bunny as Bank Manager Sukhdev
Development of the film commenced in 2018. On 27 November 2018, Gippy Grewal worked with T-Series. On 21 February 2019 principal photography began using cinematographer Baljit Singh Deo. The leads were played by Grewal and Zareen Khan.
Release and marketingEdit
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||31 October 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Phulkari" (Original lyrics by: Jagdev Mann)||Gautam G Sharma, Gurpreet Saini||Payal Dev||Gippy Grewal||2:47|
|2.||"Daaka Title Track"||Happy Raikoti||Jay K||Himmat Sandhu||4:16|
|3.||"Koi Aaye Na Rabba"||Kumaar||Rochak Kohli||Rochak Kohli, B Praak||4:02|
|4.||"Gal Theek Ni Lagdi"||Happy Raikoti||Jatinder Shah||Sunidhi Chauhan, Gippy Grewal||2:53|
|5.||"Phulkari Version 2" (Original lyrics by: Jagdev Mann)||Gautam G Sharma,Gurpreet Saini||Payal Dev||Gippy Grewal||1:51|
Gurnaaz Kaur of The Tribune gave the film three and a half stars out of five. Kaur concluded, "The story may be a clichéd one, the execution still gets the thumbs-up. To have such a well-crafted tale in Punjabi cinema is a matter of pride. It reflects the growing technical strength of the industry". Gurlove Singh of BookMyShow said, "Daaka is an interesting story that has been narrated stylishly. The film is absolutely entertaining [...] The film has everything – love, thrill, violence, colorful songs and more. It cannot be denied that Daaka is a complete package".
- "DAAKA (2019)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Bhushan Kumar Gippy Grewal's next Daaka goes on floors". United News of India. 21 February 2019. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "Daaka: The first collaboration of Gippy Grewal and Bhushan Kumar goes on the floor - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Daaka: The Gippy Grewal starrer gets a release date - 'Do Dooni Panj' to 'Shadaa' to 'Manje Bistre 2', Punjabi movies to look forward in 2019". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Daaka - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- Kaur, Gurnaaz (1 November 2019). "Movie Review - Daaka: The poor boy-rich girl formula works". The Tribune. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- Singh, Gurlove (1 November 2019). "[Review] Gippy Grewal & Rana Ranbir Deliver Superlative Performances in Daaka". BookMyShow. Retrieved 5 November 2019.