Da Capo Press
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Da Capo Press is an American publishing company with headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1964 as a publisher of music books, as a division of Plenum Publishers. As of 2009[update] it had additional offices in New York City, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Emeryville, California. Da Capo Press had net sales of over $2.5 million in 2008.
|Parent company||Hachette Books (Hachette Book Group)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Exchange Place|
Da Capo Press became a general trade publisher in the mid-1970s. It was sold to the Perseus Books Group in 1999 after Plenum was sold to Wolters Kluwer. In the last decade, its production has consisted of mostly nonfiction titles, both hardcover and paperback, focusing on history, music, the performing arts, sports, and popular culture. In 2003, Lifelong Books was founded as a health and wellness imprint of Da Capo Press. Lifelong Books focuses on health topics such as pregnancy, parenting, fitness, and personal relationships. When Marlowe & Company became part of the imprint in 2007, Lifelong’s range was expanded to include the New Glucose Revolution series and numerous diabetes titles, as well as books on healthful cooking, psychology, personal growth, and sexuality. In 2009 the company placed the science portion of the book Jetpack Dreams on the web for free.
In April 2016, Da Capo Press was acquired by the Hachette Book Group as part of Hachette's purchase of the Perseus Books Group. After the sale, sister imprint Seal Press became a Da Capo imprint. In 2018, Da Capo became an imprint of Hachette Books and Seal became an imprint of Basic Books.
- Global Duns Market Identifiers, April 28, 2009, Dun & Bradstreet, Inc.
- Staff (13 January 2009) "Jetpack Book Leaves Out Science Part" Archived February 7, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Gawker (a Newstex publication)
- Onwuemezi, Natasha (2016-04-01). "Perseus sale to Hachette Book Group completed". The Bookseller. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- "Seal Press Moves Under Da Capo's Purview". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Lines, Announces About 25 Layoffs As DiPreta Departs". Publishers Lunch. 2018-11-13. Retrieved 2018-12-30.