Cyprus DLR station
Cyprus is a station on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) located in Cyprus, to the south of Beckton, in the Docklands area of Newham, east London. It is named after the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. The station serves the University of East London Docklands Campus and the eastern end of the north quay of the Royal Albert Dock.
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Docklands Light Railway|
|28 March 1994||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Along with Beckton Park, Cyprus station is of an unusual design. Between the two stations, the DLR runs in the median of a major road built at the same time as the railway. The stations are located at highway intersections which take the form of roundabouts. On the approach to the roundabout, the road rises slightly whilst the railway dips slightly; the station is therefore situated in a cutting, under the centre of the elevated roundabout, with pedestrian access at surface level under the elevated roadways and arched over the railway.
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. April 2021. Archived (PDF) from the original on 15 May 2021.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Cyprus DLR station : DLR : TheTrams.co.uk".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cyprus DLR station.|