Cycling at the 2015 Pan American Games
Cycling competitions at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto were held July 10 to 25, 2015 at four different venues. The BMX competitions took place at the Centennial Park Pan Am BMX Centre in Toronto, the mountain biking competitions happened at the Hardwood Ski and Bike (Hardwood Mountain Bike Park) in Oro-Medonte, due to naming rights the venue was known as the latter for the duration of the games. The road races happened in the streets of Downtown Toronto with the start and finish being adjacent to the Ontario Place West Channel. Finally the track cycling events occurred at the Milton Velodrome in Milton. The road cycling time trials happened in the streets surrounding the velodrome (Milton Time Trial Course).
|Cycling at the XVII Pan American Games|
Cycling pictograms for the games
|Venues||Centennial Park Pan Am BMX Centre (BMX)|
Hardwood Mountain Bike Park (Mountain biking)
Ontario Place West Channel (Road races)
Milton Velodrome (Track)
Milton Time Trial Course (Road time trial)
|Dates||July 10–25, 2015|
|Competitors||227 from 24 nations|
The following was the competition schedule for the cycling competitions:
|Event↓/Date →||Fri 10||Sat 11||Sun 12||Wed 22||Sat 25|
|Men's road race||F|
|Men's time trial||F|
|Women's road race||F|
|Women's time trial||F|
|Event↓/Date →||Thu 16||Fri 17||Sat 18||Sun 19|
|Men's team pursuit||H||F|
|Men's team sprint||H||F|
|Women's team pursuit||H||F|
|Women's team sprint||H||F|
|9||Trinidad and Tobago||0||1||0||1|
|Totals (11 nations)||18||18||18||54|
|Men's road race
|Women's road race
|Men's time trial
|Women's time trial
A total of 24 countries qualified athletes. The number of athletes a nation entered is in parentheses beside the name of the country.
- Antigua and Barbuda (2)
- Argentina (21)
- Aruba (1)
- Bermuda (2)
- Bolivia (2)
- Brazil (24)
- Canada (24)
- Chile (19)
- Colombia (24)
- Costa Rica (5)
- Cuba (6)
- Dominican Republic (2)
- Ecuador (12)
- El Salvador (2)
- Guatemala (10)
- Jamaica (1)
- Mexico (18)
- Peru (4)
- Puerto Rico (2)
- Suriname (1)
- Trinidad and Tobago (5)
- United States (17)
- Uruguay (2)
- Venezuela (21)
A total of 228 cyclists qualified to compete at the games (146 in road and track combined, 36 in mountain biking and 38 in BMX). A nation was able to enter at most 24 athletes (16 among road and track cycling, four in mountain biking and four in BMX). The host nation (Canada) automatically entered a full team of 24 athletes (14 male and 10 female).
- "Competition Schedule" (PDF). toronto2015.org. TO2015. 18 August 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Persaud, Travis (17 July 2014). "Oro-Medonte biking facility ready to host Pan Am Games". Barrie Examiner. Sun Media. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Gregory, Michael (17 June 2014). "Milton to host Pan Am Games cycling time trial events". InsideHalton.com. Metroland Media Group. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games Ticket Program Guide" (PDF). toronto2015.org. TO2015. 20 April 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 April 2015. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Qualification System – Cycling" (PDF). www.copaci.org/. Pan American Cycling Confederation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 September 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2014.