This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (June 2018)
Cossato is a municipality in the province of Biella, Italy, in the northwest part of Piedmont, 11.6 kilometres (7.2 mi) east of Biella. It has a population of about 14,804 and it spreads over an area of 27,74 km², which makes it the second largest town in the Province of Biella. It is crossed by the Strona di Mosso stream.
|Comune di Cossato|
|Frazioni||Bertinotto, Castellazzo, Castellengo, Cerro, Lavino, Lorazzo, Masseria, Monteferrario, Parlamento, Ronco, Spolina|
|• Mayor||Enrico Moggio|
|• Total||27 km2 (10 sq mi)|
|Elevation||257 m (843 ft)|
(30 June 2017)
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Assumption of Mary|
|Saint day||August 15|
The city is the second largest town in the province of Biella by population and economic importance. It has an urban development that follows the direction of the major roads: the center is along the Biella-Gattinara former state road, while numerous frazioni are scattered along the road to Mottalciata baraggivo plateau and the hills towards Quaregna, Lessona and Valle Mosso.
- Parish dedicated to the Assumption, built before 1000. It was rebuilt in 1614 after the collapse, which occurred two years before.
- Castle Castellengo, on the edge of the Baragge of Candelo.
- Church of SS. Peter and Paul, near the Castellengo Castle. medieval building restored over the years with the addition of different styles.
- Villa Ranzoni, eighteenth-century building houses the Municipal Library.
- Villa Fecia, building belonging to Fecia accounts of Cossato including a large park and a church, the Oratory of Santa Margherita (in medieval style).
- Villa Berlanghino, in the neoclassical style. It is a large building with a wooden staircase and a public park outside.
- Natural reserve of Baragge
List of mayorsEdit
|Mayor||Term start||Term end||Party|
|Claudio Corradino||2009||2019||Lega Nord|
- Municipality of COSSATO Urbistat
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.