Communist Party of Nepal (2013)
This article needs to be updated.(September 2017)
The Communist Party of Nepal (Nepali: नेपाल कम्युनिष्ट पार्टी) is a political party in Nepal founded in April 2013. The party was formed through the merger of Communist Party of Nepal (Unified), Communist Party of Nepal Marxist−Leninist (Samajbadi), Communist Party of Nepal (United Marxist), Marxist Communist Party of Nepal, Bidrohi ML and the Independent Thought Group. Rishi Kattel is the chairman of the party. Jagat Bahadur Bogati and Lok Narayan Subedi serve as co-chairs of the party, whilst Haridev Gyawali, Ram Bahadur Bhandari and Tanka Rai serve as vice-chairs.
|Merger of||CPN (Unified)|
CPN ML (Socialist)
CPN (United Marxist)
Independent Thought Group
The party was a constituent of a 33-party alliance formed to boycott the election along with Communist Party of Nepal (Revolutionary Maoist) and other parties but In May 2013 the party was registered with the Election Commission of Nepal ahead of the 2013 Constituent Assembly election. It presented 60 candidates in FPTP constituencies. For the Proportional Representation vote the party submitted a list of 100 candidates, headed by Sita Subedi. The election symbol of the party is a hammer and sickle. The party failed to get any seats in the elections.
In 2018, when the Nepal Communist Party was formed, it had to change its name to Nepal Communist Party (NCP) as Rishi Kattel's party was already registered with the Election Commission. The party challenged the decision of the Election Commission to register the new party as NCP, as it was close to his own NCP.
0 / 575
- "Nepal Communist Party formed". myRepublica.com. 2013-04-22. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "New CPN party gets EC status". The Himalayan Times. 2013-05-24. Retrieved 2014-12-19.
- Nepal Law Society. Brief about the Election Update (4) Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine
- "बहिष्कारवादी मोर्चा दोहोरो भूमिकामा". Online Khabar. Retrieved 2020-12-08.
- Election Commission of Nepal. पहिलो हुने निर्वाचित हुने प्रणाली अन्तर्गतको दलगत उम्मेदवारको सुची Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Election Commission of Nepal. राजनैतिक दल / स्वतन्त्र अनुसार उम्मेदवारको संख्या Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Election Commission of Nepal. संबिधान सभाको समानुपातिक निर्वाचन प्रणालीको दलगत उम्मेदवारहरुको नामावली Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Election Commission of Nepal. संबिधानसभाको निर्वाचनको लागि मान्यता पाएका दलहरुको नाम तथा चिन्हहरु Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine
- "नेपाल कम्युनिष्ट पार्टीका नाममा अनुचित गतिविधि नगर्न विप्लवलाई चेतावनी". Online Khabar. Retrieved 2020-12-08.
- "Nepal Communist Party (NCP) registered at EC". The Himalayan Times. 2018-06-07. Retrieved 2020-12-08.
- "EC's recognition of NCP challenged". The Himalayan Times. 2018-12-08. Retrieved 2020-12-08.