Elizabeth Islas Brasdefer (born July 17, 1946 in Pachuca de Soto, Hidalgo, Mexico) is a Mexican telenovela actress who is better known as Claudia Islas (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈklawðja ˈizlas]). She is very famous for her beauty and was called "Mexican Brigitte Bardot" in the past. She acted in the last decade of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema.
Elizabeth Islas Brasdefer
July 17, 1946
|Parent(s)||Luis Roberto Islas|
María Luisa Brasdefer
Claudiaʻs surname Islas means "islands". She is a daughter of Luis Roberto Islas and María Luisa Brasdefer. She is married to Jaime Bravo.
She sold her jewelry because she fell into poverty.
After the death of Juan Gabriel in 2016, the actress Carmen Salinas revealed that he would have confessed to his son Pedro Plascencia Salinas —who was Juan Gabriel's musician— that Claudia Islas would have been the person who accused him of theft after a party at his house in 1969. The fact caused Juan Gabriel to remain imprisoned for 18 months in the Lecumberri Palace. In life, Juan Gabriel never revealed the name of the person who had accused him. The actress denied the accusations.
|1970||La cruz de Marisa Cruces||Violeta||Main Antagonist|
|1973||Cartas sin destino||Lucía||Supporting Role|
|1974||La tierra||Procopia (Propia)||Protagonist|
|1977||Pacto de amor||Delia||Protagonist|
|1979||Amor prohibido||Magda||Protagonist/Main Antagonist|
|1984||Tú eres mi destino||Rebeca de Dávila||Protagonist|
|1988||Pasión y poder||Nina Montenegro||Main Antagonist|
|1992||Baila conmigo||Nelly Moll||Antagonist|
|1993||Corazón salvaje||Sofía Molina Vda. de Alcázar y Valle||Main Antagonist|
|1996||Marisol||Amparo de Garcés del Valle||Main Antagonist|
|1997||El alma no tiene color||Begoña Roldán||Antagonist|
|1999||Catalina y Sebastián||Adela Rivadeneira de Negrete||Main Antagonist|
|2002||Por ti||Virginia Montalbán||Supporting Role|
|2004||Ángel Rebelde||Doña Enriqueta Andueza Vda. de Covarrubias||Antagonist|
- Marriage of Claudia Islas
- Celebró Claudia Islas su 30 aniversario como actriz. Claudia Islas celebrates anniversary of her acting.
- Claudia Islas cumple hoy 66 años de vida Archived 2012-08-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Stereotyped images of United States citizens in Mexican cinema, 1930-1990. Written by David E. Wilt.
- Historia documental del cine mexicano: 1972-1973 by Emilio García Riera. 1995.
- "Claudia Islas (Spanish)". Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- Biography of Islas. She was called "Mexican Brigitte Bardot." Archived December 27, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Claudia sold her jewelry. Archived 2012-01-20 at the Wayback Machine Claudia sold her jewelry in order to survive.