|Councillor of the City of Sydney|
|Assumed office |
8 September 2012
|Spouse(s)||Virginia Flitcroft (m. 2018)|
Forster worked as a journalist covering the Australian energy sector for resources information service Platts, was elected to the City of Sydney Council in September 2012 and in 2014 announced a plan to run for the New South Wales Legislative Council. Forster has opposed local council amalgamation plans, called for Martin Place to be smoke free, and advocated tall buildings and increased street parking in Sydney City. She describes herself as "committed to the principles of common sense government, genuine sustainability, free enterprise and respect for the individual."
Forster lives with her wife Virginia Flitcroft, with whom she has raised money for the Sir David Martin Foundation and campaigned for same-sex marriage. Forster has previously been married. In 2013 Forster attended the launch of the Bingham Cup in Sydney, along with Bruce Notley-Smith, Don Harwin, Malcolm Turnbull, Nick Farr-Jones and John Eales.
- Debra Killalea (26 February 2015). "SBS journalist and Mardi Gras host Patrick Abboud reveals rare insight into the life of Tony Abbott's lesbian sister". News.com.au.
- "Christine Forster: Tony Abbott's Openly Gay Sister". The Feed. Special Broadcasting Service. 26 February 2015.
- Christine Forster. "About Me". ChristineForster.com.au.
- "Councillors". City of Sydney.
- Sean Nicholls (23 September 2014). "Christine Forster, Tony Abbott's sister, launches bid for NSW upper house". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Anne Davies (3 June 2015). "Prime Minister's sister and City of Sydney Councillor Christine Forster opposes Liberal council amalgamation plans". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Peter Terlato (2 December 2014). "Smoking Ban In Sydney's Martin Place May Spread To Other Public Spaces In The CBD". Business Insider.
- "Smokers upset at proposed ban in Martin Place". ABC 702 Sydney. 3 December 2014.
- Miles Godfrey. "Mystery tower: This George St giant will reach for the sky". The Daily Telegraph.
- Christine Forster (30 October 2014). "Clover Moore's anti-car agenda hitting homes". The Daily Telegraph.
- Elias Jahshan (31 October 2014). "AN ABSEIL TO RAISE MONEY FOR YOUTH CHARITY". Star Observer.
- Jessica Clement (26 June 2014). "Ladies in waiting: Tony Abbott's sister Christine Forster makes same-sex marriage statement in Archibalds". News.com.au.
- "Christine Forster reveals insight into life as Tony Abbott's lesbian sister". www.starobserver.com.au. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Last piece of the puzzle". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Bruce Notley-Smith. "Bingham Cup Launch – One Year Out!". notleysmith.com.