|Birth name||Christopher Pitt|
|Born||12 May 1965|
Pitt was born on 12 May 1965. At the age of ten, a virus led to him contracting muscular dystrophy and by the age of twelve he was a wheelchair user. He grew up on a farm in Bundaberg, Queensland and as of 2016 still lives there and works as a carer.
Pitt took up shooting sport in 2010 and is classified as a SH1 shooter. He always had an interest in shooting due life on the farm. His first international competition was the World Cup held in Szczecin Poland in April 2013 where he finished 13th. He won two gold medals at the 2013 Oceania World Championships in Sydney.
At the 2014 IPC World Championships in Hanover, Germany, he finished placed 11th in the 25m Pistol SH1 and 44th in the 10m Air Pistol SH1. Throughout 2015 Chris continued to perform consistently well with three top-10 results at World Cups.
- "Six Australian shooters to target Paralympic gold in Rio". Australian Paralympic Committee News. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Chris Pitt". Australian Paralympic Committee website. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- Jones, Shane (14 April 2016). "Pitt may get his shot at Rio". NewsMail. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Shooters aiming for Rio". NewsMail. 14 December 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Chris Pitt". International Paralympic Committee website. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- Jones, Shane (17 May 2016). "Chris Pitt is off to the Paralympics". Tweed Daily News. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "2016 Rio Paralympic results". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 28 October 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "2016 Rio Paralympic Results". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 1 October 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2016.