Chihhang Air Base
Chihhang Air Base, also known as Taitung Air Force Base, is a military airport operated by the Republic of China Air Force in Taitung County, Taiwan. It is best known for its extensive underground hangars.
It has been named as the likely home for two squadrons of F-16Vs Taiwan will acquire from the US starting in 2023. The location was recommended by the Institute for National Defense and Security Research.
The Shihzishan (石子山) or “Stone Mountain” complex is an underground hangar and support complex located at the north end of the air base. Its tunnels can shelter up to eighty aircraft.
- Chin, Jonathan. "Air force base event highlights female aviators". www.taipeitimes.com. Taipei Times. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Tevithick, Joseph. "Taiwan Eyes Phalanx Point Defense Gun Systems To Defend Mountainside Air Bases". www.thedrive.com. The Drive. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- CHAN, KG. "Taiwan's new F-16s to be based on Pacific coast". www.asiatimes.com. Asia Times. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- and Jonathan Chin, Aaron Tu. "Taipei Times". www.taipeitimes.com. Taipei Times. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Easton, Ian. "Taiwan, Asia's Secret Air Power". thediplomat.com. The Diplomat. Retrieved 25 January 2020.