Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series
The Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series (千葉ニュータウン鉄道9200形) is a commuter electric multiple unit (EMU) train type owned by the third-sector railway company Chiba New Town Railway and operated by the Hokuso Railway on the Hokuso Line in Japan since 1 March 2013.
|Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series|
Set 9201 in service in April 2013
|Replaced||Chiba New Town Railway 9000 series|
|Entered service||1 March 2013|
|Number built||8 vehicles (1 set)|
|Number in service||8 vehicles (1 set)|
|Formation||8 cars per trainset|
|Line(s) served||Hokuso Line, Keisei Main Line, Toei Asakusa Line, Keikyu Main Line|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Car length||18,000 mm (59 ft 1 in)|
|Width||2,845 mm (9 ft 4.0 in)|
|Doors||3 pairs per side|
|Maximum speed||120 km/h (75 mph)|
|Deceleration||4.0 km/h/s (service), 4.5 km/h/s (emergency)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead catenary|
|Bogies||FS-564 (motored), FS-064 (trailer)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
The eight-car set is formed as shown below, with six motored (M) cars and two trailer (T) cars.
The "M1" cars each have two PT7131-B single-arm pantographs, and the "M" car has one.
The interior design is virtually identical to the Hokuso 7500 series, with passenger accommodation consisting of longitudinal bench seating throughout, although whereas the Hokuso 7500 series has three LED scrolling passenger information display units per car, the 9200 series has six 15-inch LCD screens per car, like the Keisei 3050 series, located above each doorway.
- "千葉ニュータウン鉄道9200形" [Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine. Vol. 53 no. 626. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. June 2013. pp. 60–61.
- "千葉ニュータウン鉄道 新型車両9200形を導入" [Chiba New Town Railway introduces new 9200 series trains]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 42 no. 349. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. May 2013. p. 73.
- "千葉ニュータウン鉄道9200形が印旛車両基地へ" [Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series delivered to Inba]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 19 February 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "千葉ニュータウン鉄道9200形9201編成が営業運転を開" [Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series set 9201 enters revenue service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 2 March 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series.|
- Hokuso Railway rolling stock details (in Japanese)