Chandra Sekhar Yeleti
Chandra Sekhar Yeleti (born 4 March 1973) is an Indian film director, known for his works in Telugu cinema. He made his directorial debut with the Neo-noir crime film, Aithe, which received the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu, and the Nandi Award for Best Story for that year. Another Neo-noir film Anukokunda Oka Roju has garnered two State Nandi Awards, including Best Screenplay for Yeleti.
Chandra Sekhar Yeleti
|Occupation||Film director, Screenwriter|
Early life and careerEdit
He was born in Tuni on 4 March 1973. He studied in Ganavaram St.Johns until 10th grade. He is the cousin of Gangaraju Gunnam. He was married on 19 May. He worked as an assistant Director under Gangaraju Gunnam for Little Soldiers. He had directed the first 10 episodes of Amrutham TV series.
After working as an assistant director, Chandra Sekhar Yeleti made his debut with a small budget film titled "Aithe". That film was made on a small budget of about 1.5 crores and performed well commercially, with a box office of 6 crores. After almost two years he produced another film "Anukokunda Oka Roju". Both the films were produced by Gunnam Gangaraju. After a gap of two years, he directed his third film with Gopichand as the protagonist, titled "Okkadunnadu". In 2009, Yeleti directed his fourth film "Prayanam" with Manchu Manoj as the lead actor. After four year, Yeleti teamed again with Gopichand with an adventure movie Sahasam.
In October 2015, Yeleti met Mohanlal and narrated a family subject to him. The plot was green-lit by Mohanlal, and Yeleti started production work for the Telugu drama thriller, titled Manamantha with an ensemble supporting cast including Gautami, Viswant Duddumpudi, Nassar, Chandra Mohan, Vennela Kishore, Gollapudi Maruti Rao, Paruchuri Venkateswara Rao, Brahmaji, L. B. Sriram, and Ayappa P. Sharma. The movie received positive reviews from both critics and audience upon release on 5 August 2016.
|2003||Aithe||Yes||Yes||Shot simultaneously in Hindi as 50 Lakh|
|2005||Anukokunda Oka Roju||Yes||Yes|
- Amrutham (2001–2007): Directed 10 episodes
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2016-02-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Tastes are changing". 5 May 2013 – via The Hindu.
- Akshay Kumar keen to remake NTR’s Oosaravelli | Deccan Chronicle Archived 9 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Chandra Sekhar Yeleti - Telugu Cinema interview - Telugu film director".
- "Exclusive biography of #ChandrasekharYeleti and on his life".
- "A classy film for Gopichand". The Hindu. 19 January 2007. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- "50 Lakh". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 May 2021.