Cascade Investment, L.L.C. is an American holding and investment company headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, United States. It is controlled by Bill Gates, and managed by Michael Larson. More than half of Gates' fortune is held in assets outside his holding of Microsoft shares. Cascade is the successor company to Dominion Income Management, the former investment vehicle for Gates' holdings, which was managed by Andrew Evans.
|Bill Gates (Chairman)|
Michael Larson (CIO)
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Front Range Investment Holdings LLC, |
Cottonwood Ag Management LLC,
Lakeland Sands Florida, LLC
|Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts||Private||Hospitality||47%|
|Canadian National Railway||Rail transport||10%|
|FEMSA||BMV: FEMSA||Beverage and Retail|||
|Strategic Hotels & Resorts||Private||Hospitality||9.8%|
|Republic Services||NYSE: RSG||Waste management||30.9%|
|John Deere||NYSE: DE||Heavy equipment|||
|Bunzl||LSE: BNZL||Distribution and Outsourcing||6%|
|AutoNation||NYSE: AN||Car dealership||14%|
|Microsoft||NASDAQ: MSFT||Software and Hardware conglomerate||3.6%|
|Beyond Meat||NASDAQ: BYND||Food|||
|Ritz-Carlton in San Francisco||Private||Hospitality|||
- Das, Anupreeta; Karmin, Craig (2014-09-19). "This Man's Job: Make Bill Gates Richer". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Miller, Matthew. "Gates No Longer World's Richest Man". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- Torres, Craig. "Convicted Felons Handle Gates Fortune". nwsource.com. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- "Cascade Investment, Bill Gates' wealth manager". Financial Times. 2015-10-21. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Four Seasons Hotels agrees to bid from Gates and Alwaleed - Business - International Herald Tribune". The New York Times. 2007-02-12. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Stych, Ed (2012-05-07). "Bill Gates' stake in Ecolab could get bigger". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Bill Gates now biggest CN shareholder | CBC News". CBC. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- GALLUN, ALBY (August 10, 2015). "Could Bill Gates be the next owner of Strategic Hotels?". Crain Communications.
- "DEF 14A". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Bill Gates is $9.5 billion richer than he was a year ago, worth over $100 billion, but not just from Microsoft". businessinsider.com. Retrieved March 24, 2019.
- "Cascade Investment - Latest 13F Holdings". Fintel. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "The Bill Gates-backed company that's reinventing meat". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Bort, Julie (2014-09-20). "The Man Making Bill Gates Richer". Slate. ISSN 1091-2339. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Cascade Investment, L.L.C.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg
- Legal Letter from Mark R. Beatty (General Counsel of Cascade Investment, L.L.C.)
- SEC filings of Cascade Investment, L.L.C.
|This bank, insurance, or other financial services corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|