This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cargojet Inc. (TSX: CJT) is a scheduled cargo airline based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It operates cargo services in Canada and internationally, as well as full aircraft charters. Its main base is John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport. Cargojet Airways is a public company with over 800 employees.
|Hubs||John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport|
|Parent company||Cargojet Inc.|
|Headquarters||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Key people||Ajay K. Virmani (President & CEO)|
The airline was established on 21 February 2002 and started operations in June 2002. It was formerly Canada 3000 Cargo. Ajay Virmani initially acquired 50% of Canada 3000 Cargo in July 2001 and bought the remaining half in February 2002. He is the Chief Executive and President of the airline. The name change to Cargojet came into effect on 22 February 2002. In July 2002 it acquired Winnport Logistics.
On July 17, 2007 Cargojet Airways acquired the Georgian Express cargo operations. The regional operation will operate under the name CARGOJET REGIONAL. When acquired, Georgian Express operates three Beech 1900 freighter and four Cessna Caravan freighter aircraft.
In May of 2019, CargoJet announced a partnership with Canadian rapper Drake, naming him an ambassador to the brand and procuring him a custom Boeing 767 commercial airliner converted to serve as a private jet to the rapper.
|Boeing 767-300||11||Four are owned, the rest are under finance lease.|
|Challenger 601||2||Provide passenger charter services.|
- "Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Certificate Information - Detail View". av-info.faa.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- "Locations:: Hamiltion". Cargojet. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Cargojet Acquires The Cargo Assets of Georgian Express Ltd. Press Release July 15, 2007". Cargojet.com. 2007-07-17. Archived from the original on 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Cargojet:: Freighter Fleet". Cargojet. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Management's Discussion and Analysis Of Financial Condition and Results of Operations For the Three Months and Year Ended December 31, 2018" (PDF). Cargojet Inc. 2018-12-31.