Capital Handling Riga is a fixed-base operator certified by the Latvian Civil Aviation Authority and active in all three Baltic states, with the main focus being on Riga International Airport. Established in 2012, Capital Handling operates out of the Business Aviation Terminal located on the northern part of the Riga International Airport. Two heated hangars and MRO facilities are provided for mostly business aviation operators, but also commercial airlines.
In 2006, the predecessor company to Capital Handling purchased a building previously used by DHL Latvia at the airport to launch the FBO facilities.
In 2010, the first business aviation terminal and hangar in the Baltics opened. Until today, the facilities in Riga are the only ones in the three Baltic countries. In the first year of operation, the company managed to attract several business jet operators and the first jets were based in Riga.
In 2012, Capital Handling Riga was launched as a separate entity for the handling of business aircraft and as owner of the Business Aviation Terminal facilities. In the same year, Capital Handling Riga was approved by the Latvian CAA, joined the EBAA and received support from the Latvian investment agency LIAA as well as from the EU Structural funds.
In December 2013, an additional heated hangar was built, able to accommodate business jets for storage and maintenance.
The company offers assistance to business jets and passengers, such as:
- VIP passenger services through Business Aviation Terminal, separated from the main terminal building
- Limousine, hotel and catering services
- Fuel services
- De-icing services
- Ground handling support equipment
- Customs and immigration
- Worldwide flight support services for business jets
- VIP lounges and crew lounges
- Concierge services
- Weather information
- Line and base maintenance
- Air taxi and air charter sales
- Scheduled or nonscheduled air carrier services and support services
- Aircraft storage and hangar parking
Capital Handling owns two heated hangars and provides line and base maintenance for several types of aircraft. Approvals have been obtained from international authorities, such as the EASA, as well as authorities in Bermuda, Guernsey, Russia and San Marino.
- "Capital Handling skeptisks par vēl viena biznesa aviācijas termināļa atvēršanu Rīgā". db.lv (in Latvian). Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Foto: Čarterkompānija Rīgā prezentē savu pirmo lidmašīnu". Apollo (in Latvian). Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "Business Airport International September 2010". Business Airport International September 2010. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "FBO Capital Handling Riga summed up year 2015". 50SKYSHADES.com. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "LBAS Opens New Line Maintenance Station in Riga". Aviation International News. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "List of Members - EBAA". www.ebaa.org. Archived from the original on 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- "Capital Handling: три года – полет нормальный". www.bizavnews.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Kokars, Artūrs (2017). AVIATION AND LOGISTICS IN LATVIA. LAA.
- "Capital Handling проведет IV ежегодную конференцию "Baltic Business Aviation"". bizavnews.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "Capital Handling и Steering Partners – партнеры". www.bizav.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "NEW PARTNERSHIP TAKES OFF by FBO Capital Handling Riga". 50SKYSHADES.com. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "FOTO: Capital Handling dalība Biznesa aviācijas izstādē EBACE 2016 Šveicē". db.lv (in Latvian). Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- DELFI (2017-05-29). "Foto: Aviokompānija 'RusLine' sāk lidojumus no Rīgas uz Maskavu". DELFI (in Latvian). Retrieved 2018-01-24.