California State Route 45
State Route 45 (SR 45) is a state highway in the U.S. State of California that travels in a north–south direction in the Sacramento Valley from Route 113 in Knights Landing to Route 32 in Hamilton City.
SR 45 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 345|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length||70 mi (113 km)|
|South end||SR 113 at Knights Landing|
|North end||SR 32 at Hamilton City|
|Counties||Yolo, Colusa, Glenn|
The route begins at SR 113 in Knights Landing in Yolo County. It then heads northward and enters Colusa County, where it has a short overlap with SR 20. It then enters Glenn County, where it overlaps SR 162 through the cities of Codora and Glenn. It then continues northward to its end at SR 32 in Hamilton City.
SR 45 is part of the California Freeway and Expressway System, but is not part of the National Highway System, a network of highways that are considered essential to the country's economy, defense, and mobility by the Federal Highway Administration.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The numbers reset at county lines; the start and end postmiles in each county are given in the county column.
|Knights Landing||0.00||4th Street||Continuation beyond SR 113|
|0.00||SR 113 (Locust Street) – Robbins, Yuba City, Woodland||South end of SR 45|
|||5.80||CR E11 (Road 98A)|
|SR 20 east – Meridian, Yuba City||South end of SR 20 overlap|
|SR 20 west (10th Street) – Williams, Clearlake||North end of SR 20 overlap|
|||24.53||To I-5 / Maxwell Road – Maxwell|
|Codora||3.06||SR 162 east / Road 61 – Butte City, Oroville||South end of SR 162 overlap|
|Glenn||7.53||SR 162 west – Willows||North end of SR 162 overlap|
|Hamilton City||23.23||SR 32 (6th Street) – Chico, Orland||North end of SR 45|
|23.23||Canal Street (Road 203)||Continuation beyond SR 32|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Indicates that the postmile represents the distance along SR 20 rather than SR 45.
- California Department of Transportation (July 2007). "Log of Bridges on State Highways". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation.
- "Article 2 of Chapter 2 of Division 1 of the California Streets and Highways Code". Sacramento: California Office of Legislative Counsel. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Federal Highway Administration (March 25, 2015). National Highway System: California (North) (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- Natzke, Stefan; Neathery, Mike & Adderly, Kevin (June 20, 2012). "What is the National Highway System?". National Highway System. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2007