CS Luceafărul Oradea
Clubul Sportiv Luceafărul Oradea, commonly known as Luceafărul Oradea or simply as Luceafărul, is a Romanian professional football club from Oradea, Bihor County. The team currently plays in the Liga III.
|Full name||Clubul Sportiv Luceafărul Oradea|
|2018–19||Liga II, 8th (relegated)|
Founded in 2001, Luceafărul started as a youth academy for children who had no future at FC Bihor. The club played for the first time in Liga III in the 2006–07 season, after a merger with Lotus Băile Felix. They promoted to Liga II twice, in 2011 and 2016. Over time Luceferii has had several transformations, from the merger with Lotus to moving in Bacău and withdrawing in favor of FC Bihor, followed by a new reorganization.
- 1 History
- 2 Youth program
- 3 Grounds
- 4 Support
- 5 League history
- 6 Honours
- 7 Players
- 8 Club Officials
- 9 Shirt sponsors and manufacturers
- 10 Notable former players
- 11 Notable former managers
- 12 References
- 13 External links
First years and ascension (2001–2008)Edit
Founded in 2001, at the initiative of several parents whose children had no future at FC Bihor, Luceafărul was grown by the former Prefect of Bihor County, Gavrilă Ghilea, also a former president of FC Bihor. For the first 5 seasons of its existence, Luceafărul have activated only at youth level, reaching the final stages of the championship at different youth groups for 3 times, but then the team from Oradea grew step by step and from the training of children they have reached a professional status in 2006 when Luceafărul merged with Lotus Băile Felix. After a first perfect season, they managed to promote to the Liga II. The miracle did not last long, because the lack of money led to the withdrawal of the team from the championship.
Luceferii started the 2007–08 season with a new head coach, Lucian Ciocan and after a new great season, Luceafărul Lotus earned the promotion to the Liga II, but subsequently they announced their withdrawal due to financial reasons. A group of businessmen from Bacău decided to form a new team to occupy the vacant spot. Thus, Știința Bacău was born after a merger.
Știința Bacău, a failed project (2008–2009)Edit
FC Știința Bacău was probably one of the strangest football clubs in the history of the Romanian football. After Luceafărul Lotus disappeared, Știința was born, but after only a half of season, the club encountered serious financial problems. In February 2009 businessman Giani Nedelcu joined with Mircea Crainiciuc and re-founded back the club dissolved last summer, Luceafărul Lotus Băile Felix and took Știința's place in the championship. But until the end of the season, they continued to play under the name of Știința Bacău. In fact the club was a strange mix of influences from 3 different clubs, remains of Rocar București, Luceafărul Lotus and Știința Bacău. In fact, the club wanted to be a fresh alternative to the Bacău football problems, but it ended by being nothing but a team without supporters, tradition, with players transferred in the last moment and a poor management.
On 3 June 2009, Mircea Crainiciuc announced that the club withdrew from the championship because of financial reasons. They lost their remaining 3 matches from the 2008–09 Liga II season with 0–3 and relegated to the Liga III, ending a strange, unique and turbulent moment in the history of the club.
|Luceafărul Lotus Băile Felix||2006–2008|
Luceafărul reborn from ashes, several times (2008–present)Edit
The old club was re-founded in the summer of 2008 as Luceafărul Oradea, its original name, and started from Liga IV–Bihor County, functioning in parallel with the old entity, called then Știința, for a season.
After two seasons the club promoted back to the Liga II, at the end of the 2010–11 Liga III season. A new head coach was hired in the summer of 2011, the Brașov born Călin Moldovan. On 9 December 2011 he was fired and replaced with Leontin Grozavu.
On 10 July 2013, it was announced that Luceafărul withdrew from the Liga II and would be enrolled in the Liga IV for the 2013–14 season. This movement has been accomplished in order to help FC Bihor, Oradea and Bihor County most important club, which was in serious financial and sporting problems at that time.
At the end of the 2014–15 Liga IV season, Luceafărul promoted back to Liga III after an impressive journey: 18 victories, 1 draw, no defeats, 177 goals scored and only 7 received. The goalscorer of the team was Constantin Roșu who scored 51 goals in 26 matches for the red and blues.
Its first season after the promotion was an oscillating one for the red and blues. After a first part dominated by poor results and more coach changes, but with a round of 16 match played in the Cupa României against the defending Liga I champions, Astra Giurgiu, Luceafărul, with new important players in the squad like: Claudiu Codoban or Marius Matei, made a very good second part and finished on the 10th place, in the middle of the table.
2017–18 Liga II season has brought thoughts of promotion to Oradea, the owner of the club, Ioan Blidaru, desiring more than the second league and for this he set up Cornel Țălnar and Florentin Petre as coaches, and some experienced players were transferred, among them Andrei Hergheligiu, Andrei Cordoș or Petre Goge. But the start of the season was almost to kill the team from Oradea for the 4th time in its history. After four rounds Luceafărul had only one point, four rounds in which the team played three matches at home (1–1 against Sportul Snagov, 1–2 against Ripensia Timișoara and 3–4 against Dacia Unirea Brăila) and only one match away (2–3 against Târgu Mureș). But the real problem was that Sportul Snagov and Dacia Unirea Brăila were teams with organizational or financial problems, Ripensia was a new promoted and also the side with the smallest budget in the league and Târgu Mureș, despite it was a new relegated team, was threatened with bankruptcy, which was going to happen during the winter break.
The bubble broke after the match against Dacia Unirea Brăila, a match with a spectacular evolution of the score. Ioan Blidaru announced that he is withdrawing from the team and all the players and coaches are free agents, basically leading to the disbanding of the team. The news shocked the media, the supporters and all started to become truth when Luceafărul didn't play at Pitești against FC Argeș. At the second default, the team would be excluded from the championship, but that another unexpected fact happened, Luceafărul and their stadium were bought through intermediaries by Nicolae Sarcină, a businessman from Gorj County, who was known for buying by the same procedure the Liga III club CS Șirineasa.
Then a very turbulent period followed, first of all there have been serious accusations that the former owner, Blidaru, have withdrawn because he suspected the players to be involved in the betting mafia, the confessions being made by the former coach Cornel Țălnar. After this scandal, Luceafărul tried to reborn, as he had done so many times, in the squad remained some local players and the new owner tried to complete the squad with players from its other controlled team, Șirineasa, also former international player, Cristian Dulca was named as the new coach. Rebuilding in the middle of the season proved to be extremely difficult and the results were left out, but the scandals have returned to the forefront. After buying CS Șirineasa, Sarcină moved the team from Șirineasa to Petroșani and the fact that he was from Gorj County not from Bihor County or even Transylvania has brought the first speculation that he plans to move the team to Târgu Jiu, Petroșani or Motru, even talking about a merger with the Liga III team or its abandonment in favor of Luceafărul and a Liga II spot, in any case, no option included Oradea and the team's stay in its hometown. However, although some rumors even had evidence, the ownership of the club has rejected any such attempt claiming that the team will remain in Oradea, it seemed like a new Știința Bacău episode might appear. After the bustle and the scandals have subsided, luceferii, despite having a small number of players, began to produce results, coming out of the relegation area before the winter break, Claudiu Codoban and Vlad Rusu, being the main weapons of the team near the Băile Felix.
After a good 2018–19 season, in which Luceafărul was ranked 8th, the ownership of the club decided to withdraw the team from the Liga II and to enroll it in the Liga III, move made in favor of ACS Energeticianul, which remained in the second division and also took the most important players and the entire technical staff of the club from Bihor County.
Born in 2001 as a substitute for FC Bihor, Luceafărul youth academy has over time given many chances to players denied by the local neighbor. Among the most important players that grew up at the team near the Băile Felix were: Claudiu Codoban, Claudiu Micovschi or Constantin Roșu.
In April 2017 the club moved for its official matches from Stadionul Luceafărul to Stadionul Iuliu Bodola from Oradea a stadium with a capacity of 11,155, the biggest of Bihor County and with not so much activity after the dissolution of FC Bihor Oradea. In the summer of 2017 CA Oradea was re-founded and started to play its home matches on the same stadium, also the ownership of Luceafărul was changed and in October 2017 they decided to move the official matches back on their stadium, Stadionul Luceafărul.
Luceafărul Oradea has never had many supporters in Oradea, most of the public opting for much more familiar and successful FC Bihor. Over the time the club had sporadically an organized group of supporters, especially between 2011 and 2013, when the club was in the Liga II and important rivalries with FC Bihor were born. After 2016 promotion to the second league, corroborated with FC Bihor dissolution, Luceafărul tried to attract more of the supporters by its side and even played some matches on the Stadionul Iuliu Bodola, but all these efforts were not necessarily productive.
Luceafărul Oradea does not have many important rivalries, the only important one was born between 2011 and 2013, against FC Bihor, but the rivalry was far from being a bitter one, the two clubs working well together and Luceafărul even retired from the championship to enter into a partnership with its rival, in 2013. Now,Luceafarul is the only team of Bihor who represents Bihor County in the first 3 football leagues of Romania.When Luceafarul plays with the old rivals of Oradea:UTA Arad,Politehnica Timisoara,FCM Baia Mare and Bihorul Beius,the fans of Oradea are going usually to the Iuliu Bodola or Lotus-Luceafarul stadiums to feel the excitement of the matches with the rivals.
First team squadEdit
- As of 1 October 2019
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Out on loanEdit
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Shirt sponsors and manufacturersEdit
|Period||Kit manufacturer||Period||Shirt partner|
Notable former playersEdit
The footballers enlisted below have had international cap(s) for their respective countries at junior and/or senior level and/or more than 50 caps for CS Luceafărul Oradea.
Notable former managersEdit
- "Lotus-Știința-Rocar rămâne în Moldova!" [Lotus-Știința-Rocar remains in Moldova!]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Bacăul s-a mutat la București!" [Bacău moved to Bucharest!]. prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "S-a retras Lotus/Știința!!!" [Lotus/Știința withdrew!!!]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Antrenorul Luceafărului Oradea demis de prefect!" [Luceafărul's coach sacked by the prefect!]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Șoc în seria de Vest: Luceafărul se mută în Liga a IV-a și își dă jucătorii la FC Bihor Oradea!" [Shock in the Western Series: Luceafărul moves to Liga IV and send its players to FC Bihor Oradea!]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Luceafărul Oradea a promovat în Liga a III-a, după ce Potaissa Turda nu poate participa la baraj din cauza problemelor financiare" [Luceafărul Oradea promoted to Liga III after Potaissa Turda withdrew from the promotion play-off due to financial problems.]. ebihoreanul.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "CSM Sighetu Marmației s-a desființat. Luceafărul Oradea e prima echipă promovată matematic în Liga 2" [CSM Sighetu Marmației dissolved. Luceafărul Oradea its the first team that promotes to Liga 2.]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Cornel Țălnar va fi noul antrenor al echipei Luceafărul. Consiliul Județean ar putea susține financiar clubul!" [Cornel Țălnar will be the new coach of Luceafărul. County Council could financially sustain the club!]. ebihoreanul.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "ASA Târgu Mureș își așteaptă falimentul! "Practic, nu mai există nicio variantă să se revină la reorganizare". Când se retrage din Liga 2 fosta vicecampioană?" [ASA Târgu Mureș wait its bankruptcy!"Practically, there is no way to return to reorganization". When will retire from Liga 2 the former vice-champion?]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Veste șocantă! Luceafărul Oradea se retrage din campionat!" [Shocking news! Luceafărul Oradea withdraw from the championship!]. bihon.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Noii conducători ai clubului Luceafărul sunt apropiații afaceristului Nicolae Sarcină. O femeie este președintele echipei din Liga 2. "Discuția a fost dacă le dăm lor echipa sau închidem"" [The new owners of Luceafărul are close to the businessman Nicolae Sarcină. A woman is the president of the Liga 2 team. "The discussion was whether we give them the club or close it"]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Cornel Țălnar rupe tăcerea și dezvăluie motivul pentru care Luceafărul a ajuns la un pas de desființare: "S-a pariat prin Singapore. Milioane de euro! Niște escroci de vagabonzi de fotbaliști"" [Cornel Țălnar breaks the silence and reveals why Luceafărul has come one step away from being dissolved: "They bet on Singapore." Millions of euros! Some football crooks"]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Noua conducerea a Luceafărului joacă la mai multe capete! După Petroșani, echipa bihoreană a primit acceptul să joace "acasă" și la Motru. "Acest lucru chiar mă bucură"" [Luceafărul's new ownership plays on multiple heads! After Petroșani, the team from Bihor has received the permission to play on "home ground" at Motru. "This thing really enjoy me"]. liga2.prosport.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Președinta clubului Luceafărul, Lucia Vladimirescu: "Echipa nu va pleca din Bihor"" [The president of Luceafărul, Lucia Vladimirescu: "The team will not leave Bihor"]. ebihoreanul.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Luceafărul Oradea se retrage din Liga 2, cu patru zile înainte de startul noului sezonu". gsp.ro. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "Luceafărul va juca din nou la Sînmartin" [Luceafărul will play again at Sînmartin]. bihon.ro. Retrieved 29 March 2018.