CSI: NY (video game)
|CSI: NY – The Game|
As with the previous CSI games, there are five cases to work on. However, the game has taken a drastic graphical change, opting for a stylised 2D cartoon look, instead of the rendered 3D graphics of previous games in the CSI franchise. The game will allow you to control a CSI (Mac or Stella) and solve cases, collect evidence and solve puzzles. You will also be able to interrogate suspects with branching dialogue options, and depending on your tone or line of questioning you may find the suspects refuse to co-operate, or tell you everything you need to know.
As of April 2009, Ubisoft released the final case ("Derailed"). This case requires game patch 1.01 (it can be installed if the PC has an active internet connection). Mac Taylor becomes the prime suspect on the case when his DNA is discovered all over the body of a dead man.
Cast members of the popular TV show including Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Anna Belknap, Robert Joy, and A. J. Buckley reprised their roles for the videogame and recorded in Los Angeles with voice director Timothy Cubbison.
Case 1 – Downward SpiralEdit
A man has fallen from the top of a building - was it homicide or was it suicide? Suspects include his boss, a tattoo parlour girl, and a doctor who gave him surgery. You work with Mac on this case.
Case 2 – Just DessertsEdit
An infamous food critic is found dead in a restaurant. Suspects include the general manager who had an affair with the victim, a chef who was criticised for a bad review from the victim, and another chef who made him meet with a mobster. You work with Stella on this case.
Case 3 – Off the MarkEdit
One woman is found dead in a theater used for magic and another at a construction site. Suspects include the two acts that were performing, a construction worker, and an amusement park worker. Is this the work of a serial killer? You work with Stella on this case.
Case 4 – Hillridge ConfidentialEdit
A young girl was killed during her live session on the Internet. The killer wanted to stop the threats going around the school and stop her from telling the killer's secret. Suspects include the doorman, a brother and sister, and the headmaster. You work with Lindsay on this case.
Case 5 – DerailedEdit
Mac works on a frozen body recovered in a metro station. Unfortunately for him, the clues point to him as a suspect, as the victim was a rapist Mac couldn't throw in jail many years ago. Suspects include a mother who wanted Mac to stay away from her daughter, the daughter whom the victim attacked, and a homeless man who lives in the subway. You work with Mac on this case.
- CSI: NY – The Game. VG Chartz. Retrieved January 29, 2014.
- Saltzman, Marc (April 1, 2009). "CSI: NY Review". GameZebo. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- "CSI: New York game info". Ubisoft. Archived from the original on December 5, 2008. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- "CSI: New York (videogame)". IMDb. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "CSI: NY for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "CSI: NY for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Allin, Jack (January 5, 2009). "CSI: NY review". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Grabowski, Dakota (January 4, 2009). "CSI: NY – PC – Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on February 8, 2009. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Thang, Jimmy (December 4, 2008). "CSI: NY – The Game Review". IGN. Retrieved June 2, 2014.