COVID-19 pandemic in Laos
The COVID-19 pandemic in Laos is part of the worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). On 24 March 2020, Laos became the last country in Southeast Asia to report its first confirmed case of the virus.
|COVID-19 pandemic in Laos|
|Arrival date||24 March 2020|
(2 months and 6 days)
|‡Suspected cases have not been confirmed as being due to this strain by laboratory tests, although some other strains may have been ruled out.|
On 12 January 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed that a novel coronavirus was the cause of a respiratory illness in a cluster of people in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, which was reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019.
On 13 March, provincial authorities closed some of border posts.
The Laotian Times says China sent medical experts, medical equipment and medicines, to help Laos fight COVID-19.
- Elsevier. "Novel Coronavirus Information Center". Elsevier Connect. Archived from the original on 30 January 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Reynolds, Matt (4 March 2020). "What is coronavirus and how close is it to becoming a pandemic?". Wired UK. ISSN 1357-0978. Archived from the original on 5 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Crunching the numbers for coronavirus". Imperial News. Archived from the original on 19 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "High consequence infectious diseases (HCID); Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England". GOV.UK. Archived from the original on 3 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- "World Federation Of Societies of Anaesthesiologists – Coronavirus". www.wfsahq.org. Archived from the original on 12 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Laos Shutters Small Checkpoints on Borders With Vietnam, Cambodia, Citing Coronavirus Spread". Radio Free Asia. 16 March 2020. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Laos records first two coronavirus cases - Thai Media". 24 March 2020. Retrieved 24 March 2020.
- "Laos Confirms First Covid-19 Cases". 24 March 2020. Retrieved 24 March 2020.
- "Laos confirms third Covid-19 case". 26 March 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Three More Covid-19 Cases Confirmed in Laos, Total Now at 6". 27 March 2020. Retrieved 27 March 2020.
- "China Sends Medical Experts to Help Laos Fight COVID-19". 26 March 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Vietnam to provide Laos and Cambodia with medical equipment worth $100,000 each". 27 March 2020.
- "Vietnam, Laos Arrest Facebookers on COVID-19-Related Charges". Radio Free Asia. 13 April 2020.
- CoronaTracker – Statistics on the coronavirus cases in Laos
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases and historical data by Johns Hopkins University
|This article about the COVID-19 pandemic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Laos-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|