This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
CJ E&M (Hangul: 씨제이이앤엠, an initialism for CJ Entertainment & Media) is a South Korean entertainment and mass media company created by CJ Group in 2011. As of July 2018, CJ E&M became a division of CJ ENM.
CJ E&M Center in Seoul
|Traded as||KRX: 130960|
(15 October 2010 to 1 July 2018)
(as a standalone public company)
|Founded||March 1, 2011|
|Kim Sung-su (CEO)|
|Owner||as of December 2017:|
CJ E&M was established as O Media Holdings in 2010.
In 2011, the company renamed to CJ E&M (short for CJ Entertainment & Media) following the merger of seven CJ Group company : CJ Media, On-Media, Mnet Media, CJ Entertainment, CJ Games, CJ Internet, and the media division of CJ O Shopping.
In 2016, CJ E&M sets up its South East Asia headquarter in Hong Kong in a bid to expand the group's major development plan in Asia.
In 2018, CJ E&M established an office in Singapore to advance the company's channel distribution and advertising sales support in the region. In May 2018, it was announced that CJ E&M and CJ O Shopping merged into new company CJ ENM (CJ Entertainment and Merchandising), which will be launched on July 1.
Media Content – operating as a media company and television program production.
- Mnet in South Korea, Japan and America
- tvN family of networks
- OCN family of networks
- CATCH ON
- Chunghwa TV
- DIA TV
- English Gem
- Studio Dragon
- JS Pictures
- AStory (10.71%) *
- Studio Take One
- Eccho Rights (based in Sweden)
Film – operating as a film production company, film publishing house, film investment production.
- CJ Entertainment
- Studio Dragon
- Movie Rock (20%)*
Music – operating as an artists management, record label, music production company, event management, concert production company, music publishing house and entertainment investment company.
- Stone Music Entertainment (Main label)
Convention – operating as a concert production company, festival production and producing award event.
- Valley Rock Music & Arts Festival
- Get It Beauty CON
- OLive CON
Performing Arts – operating as a theatrical production company.
Animation – operating as an animation production company, animation publishing house, animation investment production and merchandising animation content.
- Studio Bazooka
Media Solution – developing and producing marketing content and providing integrated marketing solutions.
- CJ E&M Game Division – publisher and developer of games – spun off in 2014 as an independent company named CJ Netmarble (Korean: 씨제이넷마블; RR: CJ Netmabul).
* denotes a company wherein CJ ENM or any of its subsidiaries has a minority interest.
In April 2015, CJ E&M was accused of mobilising young employees to fill the seats of its annual general meeting (AGM) of shareholders in an attempt to silence shareholders.
In October 2015, CJ E&M and its US-based subsidiary CJ E&M America were sued by Seoul-based music agency DFSB Kollective for copyright infringement and violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act in the Central District Court of California, with the latter seeking to get $50 million. Responding to the suit, CJ E&M accused DFSB of being unhappy on the final decision on a similar lawsuit filed in Seoul in 2011. The first trial was set for 1 March 2016 after the court rejected CJ E&M's motion to dismiss the case. In 2019, the final decision index of MNET's PRODUCE101 was manipulated to get involved in a series of scandals because the internal foundation of PRODUCE101 had already been identified.Some organs would have manipulated the two-hour period just because adults were brain-shocked with bribes. MNET and CJ E&M initially rejected everything and police are confirming that they are manipulated and will continue with initial research. All these scans cause a brief pause in activity at these small chains X1 and IZONE. On Dec. 30, CJ E&M and MNET CEOs publicly apologized, vowing that X1 and IZE would return to activity. But as he announced the official breakdown of X1 since Jan. 6, the scandal has caused IZONE and Chain not to want its presence. In March 2020, police confirmed that CJ E&M and MNET have yet to pay for the equivalent of X1 during their activities. Currently, MNET and CJ E&M are under fire for various miscellaneous things.
- Formerly www.cjenm.com until July 1, 2018; the former domain is now under CJ ENM.
- "IR". m.cjem.net. Archived from the original on 2018-07-22. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- Kim, Geun-woo (17 October 2010). "O Media Holdings – birth of a comprehensive media lord". Money Today. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- Staff, Writer (February 25, 2018). "CJ E&M sets up SEA HQ in Hong Kong". Marketing Magazine. Archived from the original on 2016-02-26. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Joanna Padovano, Tong (January 26, 2018). "CJ E&M Opens New Office In Singapore". TV Asia. Archived from the original on 2018-01-26. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "CJ오쇼핑·CJ E&M 합병법인 사명 'CJ ENM'으로". www.cj.net. Archived from the original on 2018-06-17. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Kwon, Do-yeon (January 17, 2018). "CJ 오쇼핑-CJ E&M 합병, "글로벌 미디어커머스 플랫폼으로"". Bloter. Archived from the original on 2018-01-17. Retrieved January 17, 2018.
- 채널CGV·수퍼액션, 3월부터 OCN무비·OCN스릴로 개명
- "Studio Dragon". m.cjenm.com. Archived from the original on 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- 스튜디오드래곤, '나인' 작가 소속 메리카우 지분 19% 인수
- "(주)스튜디오테이크원 [STUDIO TAKE ONE Co., Ltd.]". SaraminHR (in Korean). Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- Korea’s CJ ENM Acquires Majority Stake In Swedish Distributor Eccho Rights
- [시그널 CJ ENM, 덱스터 김용화 대표 지분 일부 80억원에 인수]
- CJ E&M, 영화 제작에도 손댄다... JK필름 인수
- Skydance Gets $275M Infusion From RedBird Capital & ‘Parasite’ Studio CJ, Raising Valuation To $2.3B
- [공식 스튜디오드래곤, 영화 제작사 '무비락' 지분 인수.. 콘텐츠 제작 역량↑]
- "Bazooka". m.cjenm.com. Archived from the original on 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Yoon, Sung-won (3 August 2014). "CJ E&M, Daum spin off game units". The Korea Times. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- Lee, Tae-hoon (3 April 2015). "CJ E&M mobilizes employees to silence shareholders". The Korea Observer. Archived from the original on 2015-04-05. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- Jin, S. "CJ E&M Confronted with U.S. $50 Million Copyright Infringement Lawsuit". Koogle TV. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- Kim Hoo-ran, Seo Jee-yeon. "CJ E&M faces $50m copyright lawsuit in U.S." The Korea Herald. Herald Corporation. Archived from the original on 2017-01-05. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "DFSB Kollective Co. Ltd. v. CJ E&M, Inc. et al". justia.com. Archived from the original on 2017-01-04. Retrieved 5 January 2017.