Burton Coggles (full name Burton-le-Coggles from Byrton-en-les-Coggles) is a small village and civil parish in the South Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. The population is included in the civil parish of Bitchfield and Bassingthorpe. The village is situated 7 miles (11 km) south from Grantham, and between the B1176 road and the East Coast Main Line.
Thomas a Becket Church
|OS grid reference|
|• London||90 mi (140 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Prince Charles and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, visited Burton Coggles on 29 November 2011. The hour-long tour of the village included meeting dignitaries and schoolchildren, and visiting a local public house and farm shop.
The parish boundary extends westwards to include Sleight's Wood on the road Easton Lane (also known as Burton Lane) to Easton. At Burton Rookery, next to the railway, the parish borders Bitchfield and Bassingthorpe and further east, the boundary crosses the River West Glen and the B1176. At Colley Holts, it meets the parish of Irnham. Further south it meets the parish of Corby Glen, which is close to the south of village. The boundary passes close to Corby Birkholme, and near to the A151, at Little Osgrove Wood (in Corby Glen), it meets Colsterworth parish. Slightly further north, on the edge of Easton Wood, the boundary meets Easton.
- "Civil Parish details".
- Parish Council
- Grantham: Bottesford & Colsterworth (Map) (3 ed.). 1:25000. OSGB. 2006. p. 247. ISBN 978-0-319-23833-2.
- Historic England. "Church of St Thomas a Becket (1317197)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- Historic England. "Church of St Thomas A Becket (325409)". PastScape. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Burton le Coggles P C C " Archived 16 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine Diocese of Lincoln. Retrieved 14 May 2012
- "Royal Visit - Prince Charles visits village pub on Lincolnshire tour" Archived 7 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine, Grantham Journal, 29 November 2011. Retrieved 12 December 2011
- North Beltisloe Group of Parishes web site Archived 5 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 14 May 2012
- "North Beltisloe Group Council Report for PCC AGMs."; Boothby.org.uk. PDF download required. Retrieved 14 May 2012
- Media related to Burton Coggles at Wikimedia Commons