Brión Municipality, Miranda
Brion is one of the 21 municipalities (municipios) that makes up the Venezuelan state of Miranda and, according to a 2007 population estimate by the National Institute of Statistics of Venezuela, the municipality has a population of 56,699. The town of Higuerote is the municipal seat of the Brion Municipality.
|• Mayor||Liliana González (PSUV)|
|• Total||531 km2 (205 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−4 (VET)|
The Brion Municipality, according to a 2007 population estimate by the National Institute of Statistics of Venezuela, has a population of 56,699 (up from 48,976 in 2000). This amounts to 2% of the state's population. The municipality's population density is 171.8 people per square mile (106.78/km²).
The mayor of the municipality is Liliana Coromoto Gonzalez Guachi chosen on November 23, 2008 triumphing with 48% of the votes and his her opponent Raimundo Teran with 40% and volume posecion on December 1, 2008, defeating Raúl Ceballos.
Mayors of the municipality and political organizations which have governed (1989 onwards)
- Manuel González: (1989-1992) COPEI (Committee of Political Electoral Independent Organization)
- Domingo Palacios: (1992-2000) (Independent)
- Ramón Ramos: (2000-2004) COPEI-Electors of Miranda
- Raúl Ceballos: (2004-2008) PPT (Motherland For All)-PSUV (United Socialist Party of Venezuela)
- Liliana González: (2008) PSUV (United Socialist party of Venezuela)
- http://www.ine.gob.ve/sintesisestadistica/estados/miranda/cuadros/Poblacion6.xls[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-12-21. Retrieved 2008-03-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.ine.gob.ve/sintesisestadistica/estados/miranda/cuadros/Poblacion5.xls[permanent dead link]
- http://www.ine.gob.ve/sintesisestadistica/estados/miranda/cuadros/Poblacion4.xls[permanent dead link]