Boy & Kris
Boy & Kris was a Philippine morning talk and lifestyle show of ABS-CBN premiered on July 2, 2007. The show is hosted by Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino aired on weekday mornings. On February 13, 2009, it aired its final episode and it was replaced by Ruffa & Ai.
|Boy & Kris|
|Genre||Lifestyle, Talk show|
|Created by||ABS-CBN Corporation|
|Written by||Boy Abunda|
|Presented by||Boy Abunda|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||423|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production companies||ABS-CBN Entertainment |
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||July 2, 2007 –|
February 13, 2009
|Followed by||Ruffa & Ai|
SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon
Topics on the show ranges from personal concerns like relationships, finance and health concerns as well and other related matters.
"Boy is the information source and the objective in your face analyst who will approach any topic or issue squarely, whereas Kris is the opinionated other who will give an emotional tug to any issue or concern. Together, they are the yin and yang of morning talk to serve as the devil's advocate to one another and to provide a healthy balance of discussion items," said ABS-CBN Business Unit Head Louie Andrada.
Early January, there are rumors that ABS-CBN will move the talk show to a night timeslot. The hosts confirmed this news, as their talk show will be replaced by Ruffa & Ai to be hosted by Ruffa Gutierrez and Ai-Ai delas Alas. Meanwhile, Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino will be moving to Primetime Bida before Bandila for their new entertainment show titled SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon, from February 16, 2009.
After both separated in their shows temporarily when Aquino chose to quit The Buzz, a new show came to begin when Abunda find another opportunity to have Aquino again in morning shows. Also, Abunda wanted to save their friendship with Aquino after her leaving the said show. Meanwhile, ABS-CBN wanted to boost its Big Time Trio with the introduction of the new show.
The concept emerged when a year before the actual premier of the show. Abunda and Aquino both wanted to have a show like this. "We told ourselves, we should be doing a Mel and Jay-type show. It had always been in our minds [since then]." Abunda concluded his show Homeboy which aired for two-and-a-half years to accommodate the new one.
The new show is not quite different with their last show The Buzz where the two were together. While it is their comeback tandem, however, they are not more focused on intrigues and gossips like the latter, instead, laugh and talk providing viewers with substantial and meaningful information so that they will be empowered.
Boy: We won’t veer away from the format too much. Except now we’re more fearless. I don’t think we [still] have to ... prove our capabilities as hosts. We are now more concerned about ... influencing, [and] communicating good values to the audience.
Kris: That comes [in part] from being comfortable with who you are ... and happy with what you’ve become. What can [viewers] expect? Walang takot na [unbarred] opinion that wouldn’t harm others.
Commenced on July 2, 2007, the first week of the show touched on subjects like relationships. The leading episode featured three parent and child tandems: Judy Ann Santos and her mommy Carol; Luis Manzano and his father, actor and game show host Edu Manzano; and Ara Mina and her mother Frances Marie, a former beauty queen. The talk show is being aired from 10:30 to 11:30 in the morning before Pilipinas, Game KNB? where Aquino had her break before and Willie Revillame's Wowowee.
The necessity came then when the shows rating was somewhat failing. While both hosts remains in the four corners of the studio, they wanted to have interviews outside to have a wider scope or coverage. The show's system however was not fully modified but was just introducing new portions.
Moving to PrimetimeEdit
It was first published in ABS-CBN's website that Boy & Kris will be axed. Initially, the hosts denied these allegations. They defended the show by claiming they are currently leading in the ratings game nationwide. On February 3, 2009, they revealed that their show will be replaced by Ruffa Gutierrez and Ai-Ai de las Alas' new show, Ruffa & Ai. Boy and Kris meanwhile will be moving to primetime before Bandila for their new entertainment and lifestyle program Showbiz News Ngayon. These changes will be taking effect on February 16, 2009. Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino would later reunite to host Aquino & Abunda Tonight in 2014 until it ended the following year.
- Winner, 2008 PMPC Star Awards for TV "Best Celebrity Talk Show"
- Winner, 2008 PMPC Star Awards for TV "Best Celebrity Talk Show Host" Boy Abunda & Kris Aquino
- Winner, 2009 New York Festival SILVER Medal for Talk/Interview Show
- Nominated, 2009 PMPC Star Awards for TV "Best Celebrity Talk Show Host"
- "Boy & Kris". ABS-CBN Programs. ABS-CBN Interactive, Inc. Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2007-11-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-25. Retrieved 2009-01-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Liabres, Aprylle (2007-07-12). "Boy & Kris: Together again". Khaleej Times Online. Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2007-11-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Plaza, Gerry (2007-06-14). "All systems go for 'Boy & Kris'". The INQUIRER Network. The INQUIRER Company. Archived from the original on 2007-06-16. Retrieved 2007-11-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn (2007-06-30). "New talk show "Boy and Kris" premieres Monday, July 2". PEP Entertainment Guide/Television. PEP Philippine Entertainment Portal Inc. Retrieved 2007-11-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Cruz, Marinel (2007-07-05). "The brand-new 'Boy & Kris' show". The INQUIRER Network. The INQUIRER Company. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2007-11-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Allan, Diones (2007-09-28). "Boy Abunda reformats morning show with Kris Aquino". PEP News. PEP Philippine Entertainment Portal Inc. Retrieved 2007-11-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-02. Retrieved 2009-02-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)