She made her Olympic debut at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, running in the 10,000 metres. That year she had been the bronze medallist in the event at the 2000 African Championships in Athletics. She made the top twenty in the short race at every IAAF World Cross Country Championships from 2002 to 2006. She also began to compete in the 3000 metres steeplechase and became continental champion with a gold medal victory at the 2004 African Championships in Athletics.
She won the Eurocross cross country running competition in 2004. Chaâbi went on to win a 5000 metres bronze medal at the 2004 Pan Arab Games later that year. She switched to the 3000 m steeplechase for the 2005 World Championships in Athletics and managed to finish tenth in the event final. That year, she was the 5000 m silver medallist at the 2005 Jeux de la Francophonie behind compatriot Zhor El Kamch. She took the steeplechase bronze medal at the 2006 African Championships in Athletics. She ran the 1500 metres at the 2007 World Championships in Athletics but was eliminated in the heats. She competed over the same distance for Morocco at the 2008 Summer Olympics, but did not progress past the first round yet again.
Her 2009 season was highlighted by a 5000 m gold medal and 10,000 m silver at the Jeux de la Francophonie. She managed second place at the 2010 Cross de la Constitución in December, finishing behind Mónica Rosa.
|2000||African Championships||Algiers, Algeria||3rd||10,000 m||34:08.79|
|Olympic Games||Sydney, Australia||38th (q)||10,000 m||34:49.35|
|2002||African Championships||Radès, Tunisia||6th||5000 m||16:28.02|
|2004||African Championships||Brazzaville, Congo||5th||1500 m||4:26.35|
|1st||3000 m st.||9:53.46|
|Pan Arab Games||Algiers, Algeria||3rd||5000 m||16:21.17|
|2005||World Championships||Helsinki, Finland||10th||3000 m st.||9:47.62|
|Jeux de la Francophonie||Niamey, Niger||2nd||5000 m||16:21.54|
|2006||African Championships||Bambous, Mauritius||3rd||3000 m st.||10:11.52|
|2007||Pan Arab Games||Cairo, Egypt||4th||1500 m||4:26.41|
|2009||Jeux de la Francophonie||Beirut, Lebanon||1st||5000 m||16:23.05|
- Chaabi, Bouchra. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-12-07.
- Civai, Franco & Gasparovic, Juraj (2009-02-28). Eurocross 10.2 km (men) + 5.3 km (women). Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved on 2010-03-01.
- 2005 Francophonie Games Results. Athlé. Retrieved on 2010-08-01.
- Valiente, Emeterio (2010-12-06). Ebuya breezes in Alcobendas. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-12-07.
- Bouchra Chaâbi at World Athletics
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Bouchra Chaâbi". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 2012-11-04.