4 September 1978
|Occupation(s)||Actor, musician, singer|
|Labels||EMI Music Poland|
Life and careerEdit
He was born in Łódź, Poland. He graduated from High School No. 26 in Łódź. In 2001, he graduated from Warsaw-based Aleksander Zelwerowicz State Theatre Academy and started a successful film and theatre career. Since 2001, he has performed at Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw. In 2007, he was awarded the Wiktor, the prize of the public Polish Television (TVP), for the best Polish TV actor.
He achieved nationwide popularity by starring in such films as Vinci (2004), Testosteron (2007), Mole (2011), The Secret of Westerplatte (2013), Persona Non Grata (2015), Spoor (2017) and Cold War (2018). Apart from his film career he appeared in numerous popular TV series including For Better or Worse, Honey Years, Foster Family, Kasia i Tomek and Niania.
In 2008 he recorded a single "Choć wieje, pada, grzmi" with Justyna Steczkowska. In November the same year he recorded his debut studio album Feelin' Good released by EMI Music Poland with guest appearances by Ewa Bem, Kasia Cerekwicka, Marysia Starosta and Justyna Steczkowska.
He was in a relationship with Anna Bareja with whom he has a daughter Sonia. In 2008 he was banned from driving for two years by a court ruling for drunk driving. In 2019, he married Justyna Szyc-Nagłowska with whom he has a son Henryk born in 2020.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|"Do jutra"||2009||Feelin' Good|||
- Enduro bojz (2000) as Motorcyclist
- Stacja (2001) as Tomek
- The Spring to Come (2001) as Wojciech Buławnik
- E=mc² (2002) as Student
- Magiczne drzewo (2004, TV series)
- Symmetry (2004) as Albert
- Vinci (2004) as Julian
- The Welts (2004) as Bartosz
- Oficer (2005) as Tomasz ‘Kruszon’ Kruszyński
- Chaos (2006) as Łysy
- Janek (2006)
- Droga wewnętrzna (2006)
- Oficerowie (2006) as Tomasz ‘Kruszon’ Kruszon
- Job, czyli ostatnia szara komórka (2006) as Chemist
- South by North (2006) as Jakub
- Hyena (2006) as Kid's father, Iceman, Bryndza's son
- Ryś (2007) as Policeman
- Tajemnica twierdzy szyfrów (2007) as Untersturmführer Matheas Beer
- Testosterone (2007) as Tytus
- Lejdis (2008)
- Grom (2008)
- And a Warm Heart (2008)
- Snow White and Russian Red (2008) as Jobbo
- Trzeci oficer (2008) as Tomasz ‘Kruszon’ Kruszyński
- The Mole (2011)
- Battle of Warsaw 1920 (2011) as Jan Krynicki
- Criminal Empire for Dummy's (2013) as Skinhead
- Tajemnica Westerplatte (2013) as Lieut. Stefan Grodecki
- Persona Non Grata(2015) as Pesh
- Spoor (2017)
- Kamerdyner (2018) as Fryderyk von Krauss
- Cold War (2018) as Lech Kaczmarek
- Mowa Ptaków (2019)
- Piłsudski (2019) as Józef Piłsudski
- Gnomeo & Juliet (2011) as Tybalt
- George the Hedgehog (2011) as George the Hedgehog
- Contact High (2009) as Schorsch
- Esterhazy (2009) as Ewa's father
- The True Story of Puss'N Boots (2009) as Puss in Boots
- Assassin's Creed (2008) as Malik Al-Saif
- Bolt (2008) as Bolt
- Asterix at the Olympic Games (2008) as Brutus
- Go West: A Lucky Luke Adventure (2007) as Joe Dalton
- Donkey Xote (2007) as Rocinante
- TMNT (2007) as Raphael
- Broken Sword: The Angel of Death (2006) as George Stobbart
- Home on the Range (2004)
- The Bard's Tale (2004) as Bard
- Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) as Raz
- Chicago 1930 (2003) as Edward Nash
- 8 Mile (2002) as Jimmy 'Rabbit' Smith Jr
- Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn (1995) as Vegeta
- Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon (1995) as Vegeta
- Bambini di Praga (2001, directed by Agnieszka Glińska, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- Wniebowstąpienie – Tadeusz Konwicki (2002, directed by Maciej Englert, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- Stracone zachody miłości – William Shakespeare (2003, directed by Agnieszka Glińska, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- Pułkownik Ptak [The Colonel Bird] – Hristo Boychev (2003, directed by Piotr Nowak)
- Dobry wieczór kawalerski – Dorota Truskolaska (directed by Jerzy Bończak)
- Porucznik z Inishmore – Martin McDonagh (2003, directed by Maciej Englert, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- Nieznajome z Sekwany [Die Unbekannte aus der Seine] – Ödön von Horváth (2004, directed by Agnieszka Glińska, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- Transfer (2005, directed by Maciej Englert, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- Udając ofiarę [Playing the Victim] – Oleg and Vadimir Presnyakov (2006, directed by Maciej Englert, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- Proces – Franz Kafka (2008, directed by Maciej Englert, Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw)
- "Artpark NIP 5482693486 KRS 0000723152 REGON 369706056 | krs-pobierz.pl". krs-pobierz.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2020-02-18.
- Gasińska, Małgorzata (2007-10-13). "Wiktory dla Lisa, Łepkowskiej, Szyca i..." Dziennik (in Polish). Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2010.
- "Borys Szyc" (in Polish). Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- "Borys Szyc - "Feelin' Good"" (in Polish). 30 November 2009. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- "Krzesimir Dębski napisał muzykę do nowego filmu Hoffmana" (in Polish). Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- "Borys Szyc skazany na dwa lata!" (in Polish). 25 June 2008. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- "Borys Szyc został ojcem! Aktor pokazał zdjęcie synka i zdradził jego imię. Jest piękne!" (in Polish). 28 March 2020. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- "Oficjalna lista sprzedaży :: OLIS - Official Retail Sales Chart".
- "Borys Szyc - Feelin' Good - Muzyka w Interia.pl".
- "Feelin' Good by Borys Szyc". iTunes. 27 November 2009.
- "Borys Szyc - do jutra - Muzyka w Interia.pl".