Bolívar Municipality is one of the 29 municipalities that makes up the western Venezuelan state of Táchira and, according to a 2007 population estimate by the National Institute of Statistics of Venezuela, the municipality has a population of 60,149. The town of San Antonio del Táchira is the shiretown of the Bolívar Municipality.
|Municipal seat||San Antonio del Táchira|
|• Mayor||Juan Vicente Cañas Alviarez (MVR)|
|• Total||198 km2 (76 sq mi)|
|• Density||300/km2 (790/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−4 (VET)|
The Bolívar Municipality, according to a 2007 population estimate by the National Institute of Statistics of Venezuela, has a population of 60,149 (up from 50,209 in 2000). This amounts to 5.1% of the state's population. The municipality's population density is 294.85 inhabitants per square kilometre (763.7/sq mi).
The mayor of the Bolívar Municipality is Juan Vicente Cañas Alviarez, elected on October 31, 2004, with 48% of the vote. He replaced Ramon Vivas shortly after the elections. The municipality is divided into four parishes; Bolívar, Palotal, Juan Vicente Gómez, and Isaías Medina Angarita (parishes Juan Vicente Gómez and Isaías Medina Angarita were officially separated from the Bolívar parish on January 25, 1995).
- http://www.ocei.gov.ve/sintesisestadistica/estados/tachira/cuadros/Poblacion6.xls[permanent dead link]
- http://www.ocei.gov.ve/secciones/division/Tachira.zip[permanent dead link]
- http://www.ocei.gov.ve/sintesisestadistica/estados/tachira/cuadros/Poblacion5.xls[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2008-03-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2018-10-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-10-02. Retrieved 2008-03-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)