San Antonio del Táchira
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017)
San Antonio del Táchira is a city in the Venezuelan Andean state of Táchira. The busy highway across the Simón Bolívar International Bridge linking the cities of Cúcuta, Colombia, and San Cristóbal, Venezuela, passes through San Antonio del Táchira, making it an important gateway between the two nations. This city is the shire town of the Municipio Bolívar de Táchira and, according to the 2001 Venezuelan census, the municipality has a population of 48,171.
San Antonio del Táchira
|• Mayor||Simón Vargas MUD|
|• Total||204 km2 (79 sq mi)|
|Elevation||802 m (2,631 ft)|
|• Density||236.13/km2 (611.6/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−4 (VET)|
|The area and population figures are for the municipality|
The Bolívar Municipality, according to the 2001 Venezuelan census, has a population of 48,171 (up from 39,752 in 1990). This amounts to 4.9% of Táchira's population. The municipality's population density is 611.6 people per square mile (236.13/km²).
San Antonio del Táchira is the shire town of the Bolívar Municipality in Táchira. The mayor of the Bolívar Municipality is Juan Vicente Cañas Alviarez, elected in 2004 with 48% of the vote. He replaced Ramon Vivas shortly after the last municipal elections in October 2004.
The city's airport, Juan Vicente Gómez International Airport, is located 2 kilometers northeast of the city.
Sites of interestEdit
Squares and parksEdit
- Plaza Bolívar (located between carreras 9 and 10 and calles 3 and 4)
- Plaza Miranda (located between carreras 12 and 13 and calles 4 and 5)
- [dead link]
- "Primeros Resultados XIII Censo General de Población y Vivienda". Ine.gov.ve. Archived from the original on 25 August 2007. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Alcalde de Municipio". Cne.gob.ve. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-10-02. Retrieved 2006-10-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Andrew Rosati (12 October 2017). "Thousands Are Fleeing Venezuela by Two-Lane Border Bridge". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- bolivar-tachira.gob.ve (in Spanish)
- Facts & figures of the Bolívar Municipality (in Spanish)
- Information on the Bolívar Municipality (in Spanish)
- More information on the Bolívar Municipality (in Spanish)