Blue Demon Jr.
Blue Demon Jr. (born July 19, 1966) is a Mexican luchador and professional wrestler. He is the adopted son of the legendary original Blue Demon and is the first Mexican and the second masked wrestler to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. His real name is not a matter of public record, as is often the case with masked wrestlers in Mexico, where their private lives are kept a secret from the wrestling fans.
|Blue Demon Jr.|
Blue Demon posing after a match
|Born||July 19, 1966|
Mexico City, Mexico
|Family||Blue Demon (adoptive father)|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Blue Demon Jr.|
|Billed height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Billed weight||207 lb (94 kg)|
|Billed from||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Trained by||Blue Demon|
|Debut||July 11, 1985|
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 In films and TV
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Championships and accomplishments
- 5 Luchas de Apuestas record
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Professional wrestling careerEdit
Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (1996–2001)Edit
In Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (AAA) he formed the team Los Juniors with La Parka Jr., Mascara Sagrada Jr. and Perro Aguayo Jr.. On April 18, 1999 in Zapopan, Jalisco they won the Mexican National Atómicos Championship by defeating Los Vatos Locos, a team of Charly Manson, May Flowers, Nygma and Picudo. On September 17, 1999 in Mexico City, D.F. they lost the championship to Los Vipers, a team of Histeria, Maniaco, Mosco de la Merced II and Psicosis II.
National Wrestling Alliance (2008–2010)Edit
On October 25, 2008, Demon Jr. became the first Mexican professional wrestler, as well as first masked luchador to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship when he defeated champion Adam Pearce. His win was also the first time the title changed hands in Mexico, although not with CMLL as would have been the case before the mid-1980s (It happened in Blue Demon Jr.'s own promotion: NWA Mexico). The ongoing feud has Pearce protesting the loss with the NWA as his arm was under the bottom rope when he passed out from Blue Demon Jr's Single leg Boston crab. Blue Demon Jr. managed to hold on to the championship for 505 days before dropping it back to Pearce in a triple-threat match also involving Phill Shatter on March 14, 2010 at NWA New Beginnings.
Pro Wrestling Revolution (2010–2013)Edit
Demon Jr. defeated Oliver John at an NWA Mexico event at the Lucha Libre Expo in Mexico City on July 23, 2010 to capture the Pro Wrestling Revolution (PWR) Heavyweight Championship. On May 11, 2013, El Hijo del Santo and his rival, Blue Demon Jr., joined forces to win the Pro Wrestling Revolution Tag Team Championship after defeating Brian Cage and Derek Sanders On September 6, 2012, Blue Demon Jr. lost the PWR World Heavyweight Championship to Carly Colón in a match that also involved La Parka II. On November 13, 2013, Blue Demon Jr. disbanded NWA Mexico and became officially affiliated with PWR.
Lucha Underground (2014–2015)Edit
In August 2014, Blue Demon Jr. was announced as one of five AAA wrestlers to star in the El Rey network's new television series Lucha Underground. Blue Demon Jr. wrestled in the first match of the debut episode of Lucha Underground on October 29, defeating Chavo Guerrero Jr.
In the LU storyline, Blue Demon Jr. was hospitalized due to vicious after-match attacks by both Mil Muertes and Chavo Guerrero Jr. following Demon's loss to Mil Muertes in the November 5 main event match. Upon his return, he attacked Chavo and later in a face-to-face meeting with Chavo blocked another attack and emerged triumphant after laying Chavo out. On July 8, 2015, Demon turned rudo attacking Texano Jr.
Return to AAA (2013–present)Edit
Blue Demon Jr. returned to AAA on March 3, 2013, challenging El Texano Jr. to a match for the AAA Mega Championship. The match took place on March 17 at Rey de Reyes and saw El Texano Jr. retain his title. After the match, Blue Demon Jr. challenged El Texano Jr. to a Mask vs. Hair Lucha de Apuestas. On April 15, Blue Demon Jr. announced that he had signed to become a regular member of AAA's roster. On June 16 at Triplemanía XXI, Blue Demon Jr. defeated El Mesías to win the vacant AAA Latin American Championship. He was stripped of the title on March 16, 2014, after he was unable to attend a scheduled title defense against Chessman at Rey de Reyes.
In films and TVEdit
In 2007, he appeared in the film Mil Mascaras vs. the Aztec Mummy (also known as Mil Mascaras Resurrection). In an episode of ¡Mucha Lucha!, a cartoon version of Blue Demon Jr. appears as a super hero wrestler. He competed on the Mexican dancing show Mira Quien Baila in 2011. He has a cameo in Mel Gibson's 2012 movie Get the Gringo. He also participated in Como dice el dicho in 2011.
Blue Demon Jr.'s son is training for a career in professional wrestling.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- Cauliflower Alley Club
- CAC Lucha Libra Wrestling Award (2018)
- International Wrestling All Stars
- IWAS World Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide
- NWA SOUTHWEST/World of Wrestling
- WOW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- National Wrestling Alliance
- Pro Wrestling Revolution
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Universal Wrestling Association
- World Wrestling Association
Luchas de Apuestas recordEdit
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Invasor Galáctico (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|||
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Vendaval (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|||
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||La Mancha (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||North Panther (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Álex González (hair)||N/A||Live event||N/A|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Black Panther (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Black Killer (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||La Mosca (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Scarlet (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|||
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||El Depredador (mask)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||N/A|||
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Síndrome (mask)||N/A||Live event||N/A|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Máquina Salvaje (mask)||N/A||Live event||1989|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||MS-Jr. (mask)||Mexico City||Live event||November 24, 1994|||
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Gran Sheik (mask)||Mexico City||Live event||1995|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||El Jorobado (mask)||Xico, Veracruz||Live event||January 1, 1999|||
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Black Demon (mask)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||October 1, 1999|||
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Black Führer (mask)||Guadalajara, Jalisco||Live event||2002|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Espectro Jr. (mask)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||October 7, 2007|
|Blue Demon Jr. (mask)||Rey Wagner (hair)||Mexico City||Triplemanía XXVII||August 3, 2019|||
- General sources - Championship Information
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). "MEXICO". Wrestling Title Histories. Archeus Communications. pp. 389–402. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- General sources - Career
- Madigan, Dan (2007). "Los Enmascarados (the masked men): Blue Demon Jr.". Mondo Lucha Libre: the bizarre& honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 90–93. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- L.L. Staff (2008). "Lucha Libre: Conoce la historia de las leyendas de cuadrilátero". Blue Demon Jr. (1966) (in Spanish). Mexico. p. 12. Grandes Figuras de la Lucha Libre.
- "Profile". Bodyslamming.
- Madigan, Dan (2007). "Okay... what is Lucha Libre?". Mondo Lucha Libre: the bizarre & honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 29–40. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- "New NWA Champion crowned". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved March 14, 2010.
- Beltrán, William (May 12, 2013). "¡@ElHijodelSanto y @BlueDemonjr son los Nuevos Campeones en Pareja de @PWRevolution!".
- "Pro Wrestling Revolution welcomes new partner". Pro Wrestling Revolution. November 13, 2013. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- "El Rey Network announces more details of AAA Lucha Libre project". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. August 27, 2014. Archived from the original on September 5, 2014. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Peeples, Jeremy (October 29, 2014). "Lucha Underground TV report: Prince Puma (Ricochet) vs. Johnny Mundo (John Morrison)". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- Beltrán, William (March 3, 2013). "Confirmado: @BlueDemonjr vs. Texano Jr. por el MegaCampeonato AAA en Rey de Reyes 2013". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- Beltrán, William (March 17, 2013). "¡Texano Jr. Retiene el MegaCampeonato AAA ante Blue Demon Jr.! – ¡Reto Azul de Máscara vs. Cabellera!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- "AAA Sin Límite en León, Guanajuato (Cobertura y resultados 15 de abril de 2013) – Blue Demon Jr. Firma con AAA, Konnan regresa a la Lucha, Axel reta a Daga". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). April 15, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (June 11, 2013). "AAA #TripleManíaXXI (Cobertura y Resultados 16 de junio de 2013) – El Hijo del Perro Aguayo vs. Cibernético por las Cabelleras – Blue Demon Jr. vs. El Mesías por el Campeonato Latinoamericano". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- "La Parka, Rey de Reyes 2014". Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (in Spanish). Archived from the original on March 17, 2014. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "mjsimpson". Archived from the original on January 23, 2009.
- "Slam! Wrestling News". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. May 20, 2018. Archived from the original on August 9, 2009. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
Blue Demon Jr. will be debuting a third generation Blue Demon, his son, who would be Blue Demon III. He’s been training for three months and he hopes he’ll be ready in 12 to 18 months.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 22, 2017. Retrieved December 19, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "I.W.A.S. Light Heavyweight Title". Puroresu Dojo. 2003.
- "WOW Title". Puroresu Dojo. 2010.
- "N.W.A. World Heavyweight Title". Puroresu Dojo. 2003.
- "New Champions crowned in Puerto Rico!". Pro Wrestling Revolution. April 22, 2013. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "PWR Tag Team Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". www.cagematch.net.
- ""PWI 500": 2009". CAGEMATCH. July 30, 2010. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "W.W.A. Light Heavyweight Title (Mexico)". Puroresu Dojo. 2003.
- "W.W.A. Welterweight Title (Mexico)". Puroresu Dojo. 2003.
- Enciclopedia staff (July 2007). "Enciclopedia de las Mascaras". Blue Demon Jr. (in Spanish). Mexico. p. 31. Tomo I.
- "AAA Triplemania XXVII live results: Cain Velasquez debuts". The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. August 3, 2019. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blue Demon, Jr..|