This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Big Bazaar is an Indian retail store that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. The retail chain was founded by Kishore Biyani under his parent organisation Future Group, which is known for having a significant prominence in Indian retail and fashion sectors. Big Bazaar is also the parent chain of Food Bazaar, Fashion at Big Bazaar (abbreviated as fbb) and eZone where at locations it houses all under one roof, while it is sister chain of retail outlets like Brand Factory, Home Town, Central, eZone, etc.
Big Bazaar logo
|Founder||Kishore Laxminarayan Biyani|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Number of locations
|256 stores nationwide (August 24, 2017)|
Big Bazaar was founded in 2001 by Kishore, the founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of the parent company, the Future Group.
A tribal girl from Tripura, Barkathal was mentally harassed of being theft by Big Bazaar, Agartala in front of many people which led the girl to commit suicide at her home. Many Youth wings are protesting in front of the mall in Agartala demanding justice.
- "Future Retail CFO sees double-digit sales growth in Q2 of FY18". Moneycontrol. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- "Big Bazaar company snapshot and profile". Bloomberg. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Big Bazaar owner Future Retail, India's biggest department store, gains steam as Kishore Biyani rides demonetisation". The Financial Express. Bloomberg. 18 April 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Fbb to go Omnichannel: To launch fbbonline.com, open 40 stores every year". Indiaretailing.com. 29 March 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Demonetisation: Cash dispensed at Big Bazaar isn't withdrawn from bank, says founder Kishore Biyani". The Financial Express. 24 November 2016. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- Raghavendra Kamath (17 March 2013). "Big Bazaar: Bigger & better?". Business Standard India. Mumbai. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- Rashmi Pratap (11 July 2016). "Big Bazaar completes integration of Easyday stores". The Hindu Business Line. Mumbai. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Big Bazaar aims for over Rs 210 cr sales from R-Day sale offer - Times of India". The Times of India. Mumbai. Press Trust of India. 24 January 2010. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Shewali Tiwari (23 November 2016). "Modi Announces Money-Withdrawal Option At Big Bazaar Outlets, Kejriwal Asks 'What's The Deal'". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Rachel Fernandes (22 May 2009). "Asin endorses Big Bazaar - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 April 2017.