JioMart is an Indian e-commerce company, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, that started as a joint venture between Reliance Retail and Jio Platforms. The company initially focused on online groceries sales before expanding into other product categories such as fashion, home essentials, electronics, and lifestyle products.
|Type of business||Subsidiary|
Type of site
|Available in||Hindi, English|
|Headquarters||Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Mukesh Ambani |
The platform was soft-launched in December 2019. A pilot was initially launched in select areas of Navi Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan in April 2020. In May 2020, JioMart was fully launched in 200 cities and towns across India. Within only a few days of its launch, the JioMart app surpassed one million downloads.
In August 2022, JioMart signed an agreement with Meta to launch first-ever end-to-end shopping experience on WhatsApp. Under this deal, Jio will use WhatsApp's chat solutions to power its grocery shopping service in India.
- Doval, Pankaj; Sarkar, John (31 December 2019). "Reliance starts kirana-led retail venture Jio Mart". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 June 2022.
- "JioMart's Jio moment—can the RIL company disrupt Indian retail?". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "RIL plans to bring kiranas closer to you". Times of India. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "How Jio-Facebook deal could fuel Reliance Retail's e-commerce platform JioMart". CNBC TV18. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "What is JioMart?". Indian Express. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "JioMart ramps up ops with credit, incentives". Times of India. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "JioMart-kirana tie up: Smaller FMCG cos to benefit, larger ones weighing options". cnbctv18.com. CNBC.
- "JioMart is at the heart of Reliance Industries' retail ambitions". Economic Times. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "JioMart sees 6,000 kirana stores going onboard to offer WhatsApp grocery shopping". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "Mukesh Ambani's JioMart expands to 200 Indian cities in challenge to Amazon and Flipkart". CNN.
- "JioMart goes live in 200 cities after Mumbai pilot – Times of India". The Times of India. 25 May 2020.
- "JioMart website goes live across 200 cities in India – ETtech". ETtech.com.
- "JioMart delivering over 4 lakh orders daily, to expand services across cities with kirana tie-ups". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Bhakta, Pratik (5 October 2020). "Infibeam enters into an agreement with Reliance Jio for its enterprise solutions". Moneycontrol.com.
- "Meta partners with Reliance Jiomart to offer grocery shopping on WhatsApp". Business Standard. 30 August 2022.