This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
More Retail Limited is a retail store brand which was earlier known as Aditya Birla Retail Limited, when it was part of Aditya Birla Group. More is the fourth largest supermarket chain in the country after Future Group, Reliance Retail and D-Mart.
A More supermarket in Hyderabad.
|Predecessor||Aditya Birla Retail Limited founded July 14, 1988|
|Founder||Kumar Mangalam Birla|
Number of locations
|580 - SuperMarkets, 22 HyperMarkets|
|Mohit Kampani (CEO - Hypermarkets)|
Sashi Gumma (CEO - Supermarkets)
Number of employees
More Retail Limited provides customers products under its own labels. It also provides online grocery retail services in Bangalore, NCR, Hyderabad and Pune through its e-Commerce website MyMoreStore.
Aditya Birla Group entered the retail industry with the acquisition of Trinethra Super Retail in 2007. Trinethra Super Retail had a strong footprint with over 172 stores spread across four states - Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. In Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, Trinethra brand was being used, while in Karnataka and Kerala, Fabmall brand was being used. Later, all the stores were rebranded as "More. stores.
Various news reports, later confirmed by an order from Competition Commission of India, indicated the More was sold by Aditya Birla Group to investors led by private equity fund Samara Capital. Consequently, More is not part of Aditya Birla Group anymore.
- "Aditya Birla Group | Companies | Indian companies | Aditya Birla Retail Limited". Adityabirla.com. 23 June 2010. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- Malviya, Sagar (7 July 2014). "Aditya Birla Retail borrows Rs 500 crore from Yes Bank". The Economic Times. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "Forgot Password -". Morestore.com.
- "Aditya Birla Group". Adityabirla.com. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- "Trinethra: Birla's first retail takeover". Timesofindia-economictimes.
- "Media Releases". Abg.com. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- Official website
- Mukherjee, Writankar; Malviya, Sagar (20 September 2018). "Samara-Amazon acquires Kumar Mangalam Birla's More retail chain". The Economic Times. Retrieved 24 June 2019.