Biezelinge is a neighbourhood of Kapelle and former village in the Dutch municipality of Kapelle (province of Zeeland).
Neighbourhood and former village
|Coordinates: 51°29′N 3°58′E / 51.483°N 3.967°ECoordinates: 51°29′N 3°58′E / 51.483°N 3.967°E|
|Elevation||1.6 m (5.2 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The village is separated from Kapelle by a railroad. The two villages share a train station. In 1978, Biezelinge and Kapelle were considered a single village by the postal authorities. Since 2021, there are no longer specific statistics for Biezelinge.
Biezelinge developed in the Late Middle Ages near a harbour. In 1717, the harbour was dammed by the construction of the Schenkeldijk.
The tower Dutch Reformed church was built between 1877 and 1878. In 1908, the medieval church was replaced by an aisleless church. The church is located on the former monastery Jerusalem.
Biezelinge was home to 516 people in 1840.
Railway station: Kapelle-Biezelinge.
Passenger railway Vlissingen to Roosendaal (part of line 11), with stations (grouped by municipality, bolded), and official station abbreviations:
- Vlissingen (vs)
- Vlissingen Souburg (vss)
- Middelburg (mdb)
- Arnemuiden (arn)
- Goes (gs)
- Kapelle-Biezelinge (bzl)
- Kruiningen-Yerseke (krg) (mun. Reimerswaal)
- Krabbendijke (kbd)
- Rilland-Bath (rb)
- Bergen op Zoom (bgn)
- Roosendaal (rsd) edit
People from BiezelingeEdit
- Jan Peter Balkenende (7 May 1956), Dutch Prime Minister
- ^ "Postcodetool for 4421AA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 20 April 2022.
- ^ "Feiten en cijfers 2021". Kapelle (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 15 April 2021. Retrieved 20 April 2022.
- ^ a b c "Biezelingen". Plaatsengids (in Dutch). Retrieved 20 April 2022.
- ^ "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2021". Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 20 April 2022.
- ^ a b Piet van Cruyningen & Ronald Stenvert (2003). Biezelinge (in Dutch). Zwolle: Waanders. ISBN 90 400 8830 6. Retrieved 20 April 2022.