Kapelle town centre
Location in Zeeland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Huub Hieltjes (acting) (VVD)|
|• Total||49.63 km2 (19.16 sq mi)|
|• Land||37.13 km2 (14.34 sq mi)|
|• Water||12.50 km2 (4.83 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|• Density||341/km2 (880/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
- Goes (gs)
- Bergen op Zoom (bgn)
- François Marits (1884 in Kapelle – 1945) a Dutch sports shooter, competed at the 1924 Summer Olympics
- Annie M.G. Schmidt (1911 in Kapelle – 1995) a Dutch writer, the mother of the Dutch theatrical song
- Jan Elburg (born 1919 in Wemeldinge – 1992) a Dutch poet
- Jo de Roo (born 1937 in Schore) a Dutch former professional road racing cyclist
- Jan Peter Balkenende (born 1956 Biezelinge) a retired politician, Prime Minister of the Netherlands from 2002 to 2010
- Jan Kees de Jager (born 1969 in Kapelle) a retired Dutch politician, former Dutch finance minister
- John Karelse (born 1970 in Wemeldinge) a retired Dutch football goalkeeper with 421 club caps
Twin towns — Sister citiesEdit
Kapelle is twinned with:
- "Samenstelling" [Members] (in Dutch). Gemeente Kapelle. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 4421AA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Kapelle (Municipality, Zeeland, Netherlands) - Population Statistics and Location in Maps and Charts". www.citypopulation.de. Retrieved 2017-08-10.
|This article about a location in Zeeland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|