Biennial of Illustration Bratislava
The Biennial of Illustration Bratislava (BIB) is one of the oldest international honours for children's book illustrators. First granted in 1967 to Yasuo Segawa (Japan), it is one of the more prestigious children's book awards today, along with Hans Christian Andersen Award. Artists are selected by an international jury, and their original artwork is exhibited in Bratislava, Slovakia. From the very beginning BIB has been held under the auspices of UNESCO and the International Board on Books for Young People IBBY and with the support of the Ministry of Culture, Slovakia. There are eleven awards and a grand prize for unique and outstanding illustration.
- 1 Grand Prix
- 5 Golden Apples
- 5 Plaques
- 1 Honorary Mention Certificate to Publisher
In 1987 BIBIANA – International House of Art for Children was founded as a "cultural institution with international activity". BIBIANA, now, also organizes Biennial of Animation Bratislava (BAB).
List of Grand Prix winnersEdit
Winning illustrations can be seen at BIBIANA web site.。
|2005||Ali Reza Goldouzian||Iran|
|2009||Josep Antoni Tássies Penella||Spain|
|2011||Eunyoung Cho||South Korea|
|2013||Evelyne Laube, Nina Wehrle||Switzerland|
List of Golden Apple Prix winnersEdit
- "Award-winners of the Biennial of Illustration Bratislava – BIB".
- BIB"List of Grand Prix Winners"
- Winners of the Biennial of Illustrations Bratislava 2003 - panorama.sk
- Biennal of Illustrations Bratislava - BIB 2005 - panorama.sk
- BIB 2009 - panorama.sk
- The Biennial of Illustrations Bratislava (BIB) 2013 - dlul-drustvo.si
- BIB 2015 - bibiana.sk