Biel/Bienne District was a district (Amtsbezirk) in the canton of Bern in Switzerland with its seat Biel/Bienne. It was bi-lingual (41% French and 59% German) and included two municipalities in an area of 25 km²:
District de Bienne
|• Total||25 km2 (10 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Municipality||Population (01.01.2005)||Area (km²)|
It is now part of the administrative district of Biel/Bienne.
- Biel/Bienne (BE, Amtsbezirk) in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Official Website of the city of Biel/Bienne
- Tourism Information for Biel/Bienne and Region
- Portal with numerous trip suggestions in the Seeland region
- Portal with numerous trip suggestions in the Bern Jura region
- Events Calendar
- bnct.ch :: Nightlife
- Watch Valley