Bharaate (transl. Blast) is a 2019 Indian Kannada-language action drama film written and directed by Chethan Kumar. The film is produced by Suprith under the Sri Jagadguru Movies banner and presented by Sriimurali under Aagastya Enterprises. It features Sriimurali and Sree Leela in lead roles. Sriimurali plays a dual role for the first time in his career.
|Directed by||Chethan Kumar|
|Written by||Chethan Kumar|
|Story by||Chethan Kumar|
|Music by||Arjun Janya|
Sri Jagadguru Movies
The supporting cast includes Tara, Rangayana Raghu, Giri Shivanna, Avinash, Sarath Lohithaswa, Sai Kumar, P. Ravi Shankar, Ayyapa P. Sharma, and Sadhu Kokila. The score and soundtrack for the film are composed by Arjun Janya, and the cinematography was done by Girish R. Gowda. It was edited by Deepu S. Kumar.
The story revolves around Jagan (Sriimurali), the son of an Ayurvedic pundit, who lives with his parents in Jodhpur. Jagan travels to his hometown with his mother in order to perform a ritual. There, he learns the history of his prestigious family, and seeks revenge against historical enemies.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Sriimurali in the dual role of Jagan Mohan and Jayaratnakara
- Sree Leela as Radha
- Tara as the mother of Jagan Mohan
- Rangayana Raghu as Patela
- Giri Shivanna
- Suman as the father of Jagan Mohan
- Sai Kumar as Ballala
- P. Ravi Shankar as Pallava
- Ayyappa P. Sharma as Veerappa Nayaka
- Sharath Lohitashwa as Nayaka
- Sadhu Kokila
- Alok as Rajastan guide
- Krishi Thapanda cameo
- Raj Deepak Shetty
- Rachita Ram as herself in a special appearance in the song "Bhara Bhara Bharaate"
Production and releaseEdit
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2020)
The film was announced on 21 June 2018, and principal photography began on 10 July 2018 in Rajasthan. After the success of Ugramm (2014), Rathaavara (2015), and Mufti (2017), Sriimurali announced his collaboration with Kumar. Sree Leela was cast as the heroine of the film. Arjun Janya was announced as the music director. The dubbing was completed on 18 June 2019, and the film was released on 18 October 2019.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||8 August 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Arjun Janya chronology|
The film's score and soundtrack are composed by Arjun Janya. Music rights were acquired by Ananda Audio.
All lyrics are written by Chethan Kumar.
|1.||"Bhara Bhara Bharaate"||Sriimurali||3:40|
|2.||"Yoo Yoo"||Vijay Prakash||3:45|
|4.||"Bandanthe Rajakumara"||Santhosh Venky, Manasa Holla||4:20|
|9th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Film||Sri Jagadguru Movies||Nominated|||
|Best Director||Chethan Kumar||Nominated|
|Best Actor in Negative Role||Sai Kumar||Won|
|Best Music Director||Arjun Janya||Nominated|
|Best Female Playback Singer||Manasa Holla "Bandanthe Rajakumara"||Nominated|
- "'Bharaate gives Sriimurali an image makeover' says Chetan Kumar - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "'Every commercial director has a place in movie market': Bharaate director Chethan Kumar". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "ರೋರಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಟಾರ್ ಭರಾಟೆ ಬಂಪರ್ ಹಿಟ್!".
- "Sriimurali: A star plays an important role in Bharaate, which we've kept as a surprise for the audience". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "INTERVIEW | Expect no shades of 'KISS' in 'Bharaate', says actress Sreeleela". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Sriimurali-starrer Bharaate to be out on October 18". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "The 9th South Indian International Movie Awards Nominations for 2019". South Indian International Movie Awards. Retrieved 24 August 2021.
- "SIIMA 2020: Check Out Full Winners' List". ibtimes. Retrieved 20 September 2021.