This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bernardo Neustadt (pronounced /nɔɪʃtat/) (January 9, 1925 in Iasi, Romania – June 7, 2008 in Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina) was an Argentinian journalist born in Romania. For 30 years he was the TV host of the famous New Time news program.
Neustadt was the first to make political opinion journalism on television in Argentina. During the military dictatorship and democratic governments of Raul Alfonsin and Carlos Menem, he was one of the most influential political journalists in Argentina.
He was born on January 9, 1925 in Romania, where his father worked at the Argentine Embassy in Bucharest. Six months later, the family settled in Argentina. His was raised as a "ward" in Catholic boarding schools.
TV news programEdit
For 30 years[when?] he was the host of the "Tiempo Nuevo (New Time) news program. His ratings reached 30 points, the highest news program on Argentinian TV. In later years he split with Mariano Grondona and changed the program's name to Al Estilo de Bernardo Neustadt.
Notable interviewees include:
- Charles de Gaulle - French president
- David Ben-Gurion - Israeli prime minister
- David Rockefeller - American businessman and philanthropist
- Juan Domingo Perón - Argentinian president
- Francisco Franco - Spanish president
- António de Oliveira Salazar - Portuguese president
- Arturo Frondizi - Argentinian president
- Jorge Luis Borges - Argentinian writer
- Raúl Ricardo Alfonsín - Argentinian president
- Carlos Saúl Menem - Argentinian president
- Alberto Fujimori - Peruvian president
- Henry Kissinger - US Secretary of State
- Mikhail Gorbachev - Russian president
- Yasser Arafat - Palestinian governor
- Shimon Peres - Israeli prime minister
- Yitzhak Rabin - Israeli prime minister
- Pope John XXIII
- Arthur Miller - US writer
- José María Aznar - Spanish president
- Néstor Kirchner - Argentinian president
- Cristina Kirchner - Argentinian president
- Felipe González - Spanish president
- Colin Powell - US General
- Saburo Okita - Japanese foreign relations minister
- Michael Porter - Management guru
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso - Brazilian president
- George Bush - US president
- Bill Gates - US businessman and philanthropist
- Gary Becker - Nobel Prize recipient
- Rudi Dornbusch - economist
- Regis McKenna - marketer
- Lee Iacocca - former CEO of Ford
- Mario Vargas Llosa - Nobel Prize recipient
- Tom Peters - Management guru
- Sirvén, Pablo (7 June 2008). "Murió Neustadt, un periodista polémico con estilo propio" [A polemic journalist with his own style, Neustadt died]. La Nación (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2 October 2018.
- "Entrevistas". Bernardo Neustadt. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- "Bernardo Neustadt: los secretos, la furia y la caída de un personaje "maldito"". Infobae. 3 November 2018. Archived from the original on 27 June 2019.