Bendigo Airport (Victoria)
Bendigo Airport (IATA: BXG, ICAO: YBDG), is located in East Bendigo just north of Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, just off the Midland Highway. The airport is about 10 minutes drive from the CBD of Bendigo.
|Operator||City of Greater Bendigo|
|Location||East Bendigo, Bendigo, Victoria|
|Elevation AMSL||705 ft / 215 m|
In 2017 Bendigo Airport was upgraded with a new taxiway system, new lighting and a new 1.6 km north–south runway. New lighting and signage was also added.
Bendigo Airport has a small terminal building which is located on the western side.
The airport has 25 private hangars for small aircraft. The hangars are located at the northern end of the terminal.
|Air Ambulance Victoria||Medical||Essendon Airport|
- Bendigo Aviation Services (BAS)
- Bendigo Flying Club (BFC)
- Bendigo Recreational Aviation School
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- On 19 May 2015, a Cirrus SR22T registered VH-EPG from Moorabbin to Mildura declared a PAN PAN after smoke built up in the cockpit. On approach the aircraft cleared a row of trees and made a final landing on runway 17. Emergency crews responded to the emergency. The pilot and passenger were not injured.
- On the 17 December 2017 an ultralight plane crashed during takeoff. The aircraft was registered 23-8769 . The pilot and the instructor were taken to Bendigo Hospital with minor injuries. Emergency services were called to the scene. The cause of the crash is unknown.The ATSB are investigating the accident
- Aviation Photos: Bendigo (BXG / YBDG) at Airliners.net
- Video of Prince Charles Taking off Bendigo Airport (BXG / YBDG)
|This article about an Australian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Victoria (Australia) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|