This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Proximus TV (former Belgacom TV), subsidiary of the Belgacom Group, provides Digital TV (IPTV) services over its own IPTV Platform in Belgium. It was launched in the summer of 2005.
Proximus TV is distributed using ADSL/VDSL solution. This IPTV service was originally distributed over ADSL which later evolved to ADSL2+. More recently, the Broadway Project started providing fiber to the street cabinets and VDSL2 from the street cabinets to the home. By increasing bandwidth and evolving from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 AVC compression, Proximus TV currently offers high-definition television to many Belgian households.
Like satellite broadcasts, and unlike cable distributors, the distribution of Proximus TV is not limited to a certain municipality or province. In December 2008, coverage of Proximus TV was 86.6% of all Belgian households, and High Definition TV was available to 64%.
At the end of March 2013, there were 1,412,000 Proximus TV subscribers, including the so-called "dual stream" subscribers.
By end 2014, Proximus’ TV customer base counted 1,288,000 TV households, or 1,593,000 subscriptions when including multiple set-top boxes.
In September 2014, Belgacom TV became Proximus TV.
- 1 Belgian soccer Surprise
- 2 Technology and reception
- 3 Content and services offering
- 3.1 TV channels
- 3.2 Catch-Up TV
- 3.3 Video on Demand
- 3.4 Radio stations
- 3.5 Mobile TV
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
- 6 References
Belgian soccer SurpriseEdit
A few months before the launch of Belgacom TV, on 9 May 2005, Belgacom Group took the whole market by surprise when it acquired the broadcasting rights for the Jupiler Pro League (Belgian Football League).
Technology and receptionEdit
Customers must purchase or rent a (PVR) HD IPTV set-top box, models support as of June 2015 are made by Cisco & Scientific-Atlanta (now a Cisco owned company). Also necessary is a subscription to Proximus TV, which is only available in a pack with internet and/or telephone.
Content discovery servicesEdit
Content and services offeringEdit
Belgian free-to-air television channels (national and regional)Edit
Free to air television channels from other European countriesEdit
- United Kingdom (BBC One, BBC Two optional package required for (BBC Entertainment and BBC First)
- France (TF1, France 2, France 3)
- Germany (ARD, ZDF, RTL)
- Netherlands (Nederland 1, Nederland 2, Nederland 3)
- Italy (Rai 1, Rai 2, Rai 3)
- India (DD National, Zee News, DD News, Zee Tv, Sony PIX)
International television channels (free to air)Edit
International television channels (free to view)Edit
Gender-based premium thematic packagesEdit
- Kids (French/Dutch)
- Entertainment (French/Dutch)
- Factual and Documentaries (French/Dutch)
- Sports and Lifestyle (French/Dutch)
- Nostalgie (French only)
- Music and Culture
- Premium and pay-per-view sports
- Proximus Sports Multi-Live 10
Catch Up TV services known as TV Replay and TV Replay + are offered for the following television channels
As of 1 June 2015 TV Replay will now be included - at no extra charge - in Packs with Internet Everywhere.
- RTL stations : RTL TVI, RTL TVI HD, Plug RTL, Plug RTL HD, Club RTL, Club RTL HD
- RTBF stations : La Une, La Une HD, La Deux, La Deux HD, La Trois, La Trois HD
- AB stations: AB3, AB3 HD
- VRT stations : één, één HD, Canvas, Canvas HD, Ketnet
- Medialaan stations : vtm, vtm HD, vtmKzoom, Jim, Vitaya, 2BE, 2BE HD, anne
- De Vijver Media stations : VIER, VIER HD, VIJF, VIJF HD
- BITES EUROPE NV station : Acht
- Proximus stations : Proximus 11, Proximus 11+ HD and Proximus 5.
Video on DemandEdit
Movies & Series PassEdit
Unlimited access to a whole range of top movies and series
Classic movies and movies from European and other independent publishers
Including latest cinematic and same day DVD releases
Proximus 11 & Proximus 11+Edit
All the matches of the Jupiler Pro League on Proximus 11 and on Proximus 11+ the entire UEFA Champions League and its Multi Live, the best of the English League Cup, the best of Iberian football with the Spanish League, the Copa del Rey (final not included) and the Portuguese League.
Unlimited access to favorite movies and series (more than 500) in a secure and child-friendly environment.
Unlimited access to more than 200 clips for adults
India Basically Bollywood OTP
- RTBF radio network (French)
- RTL radio network (French)
- VRT radion network including regional variations (Flemish)
- BRF (German-speaking region)
Customers with the Comfort or Maxi pack have free access to TV Partout/TV Overal to watch on a PC, Smartphone or tablet up to 40 channels and can use the TV Replay/TV Replay+ for a limited number of channels.
- "Proximus TV manual and installation guide". support.en.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Jinni supports Belgacom's updated TV service » Digital TV Europe". www.digitaltveurope.net. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "You've missed a tv program? Replay it with TV Replay!". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Netflix on Proximus TV – watch TV shows and movies online". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Wyplay integrates Netflix for Proximus TV". Broadband TV News. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Press releases". Proximus.com. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Proximus TV - More options for series and movies at home". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Proximus TV - On demand: series and movies à la carte, the Gift Card". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Belgian and European football - Jupiler Pro League, UEFA". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Proximus TV - Kids Pass - series for kids, Disney - Proximus". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Proximus TV - X-Adult, Gay Pass - Pink TV Dorcel Penthouse - Proximus". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "TV at home and elsewhere with TV Partout". www.proximus.be. Retrieved 2015-12-08.