This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016)
The Belarusian Social Democratic Assembly (BSDH; Belarusian: Беларуская сацыял-дэмакратычная Грамада; БСДГ, romanized: Bielaruskaja sacyjal-demakratyčnaja Hramada; Russian: Белорусская социал-демократическая Грамада; БСДГ, romanized: Belorusskaya sotsial-demokraticheskaya Gramada; BSDG), commonly shortened to "Hramada" or "The Assembly", is a Belarusian social-democratic political party. Businessman Siarhiej Čeračań has been the leader of the party since October 2018.
Party «Belarusian Social Democratic Assembly»
Партыя «Беларуская сацыял-дэмакратычная Грамада»
Партия «Белорусская социал-демократическая Грамада»
|Deputy Chairman||Anatol Astapienka|
|Founder||Michail Tkačoŭ (1991)|
Stanislav Shushkevich (1998)
|Founded||21 May 1991|
15 February 1998 (refoundation)
|Dissolved||15 March 1996|
|Merged into||Belarusian Social Democratic Party (People's Assembly) (1996–1998)|
|Headquarters||66th Building, Karl Liebknecht St, Minsk, Belarus. 220013|
|Slogan||«We are Belarus! With love to the Motherland»|
(Belarusian: «Мы — Беларусь! З любоўю да Радзімы»)
The previous head of the party from 1998 to 2018 was Stanislav Shushkevich, who has the distinction of having been the first head of state of the Republic of Belarus after its independence from the Soviet Union, between 1991 and 1994. After running unsuccessfully for president in the 1994 election, he did not participate in politics again until helping to form the party in 1998. In 2004 he was not allowed to register as a candidate and so in the 2010 presidential election he was a supporter of candidate Andrei Sannikov.
- 1991 — Creation of the Belarusian Social Democratic Assembly, with Aleh Trusaŭ as a chairman.
- 1992 — Aleh Trusaǔ becomes party chairman.
- 1996 — Association with Social Democratic Party of Popular Accord, formation of the Belarusian Social Democratic Party (People's Assembly).
- 1998 — Reconstruction of the Belarusian Social Democratic Assembly, Stanisłaŭ Šuškievič becomes chairman.
- 2016 — The party boycotts the 2016 Belarusian parliamentary elections.
- 2018 — Siarhiej Čeračań becomes party chairman.
|Election||Candidate||First round||Second round||Result|
|1994||Endorsed Stanislav Shushkevich||585,143||9.91%||Lost N|
|2001||Endorsed Zianon Pazniak||Not admitted to the elections|
|2006||Endorsed Alaksandar Milinkievič||405,486||6.12%||Lost N|
|2010||Did not contest|
|2020||Siarhei Cherachen||66,613||1.14%||Lost N|
2 / 260
0 / 110
0 / 110
|2012||Did not contest||Extra-parliamentary|
0 / 110
- ^ "Станіслава Шушкевіча на пасадзе кіраўніка БСДГ змяніў бізнэсмен Сяргей Чарачэнь" [Stanislav Shukhevich is succeeded as BSDA chairman by Siarhei Charachen]. Наша Ніва (Naša Niva) (in Belarusian). 3 November 2018. Archived from the original on 6 May 2020. Retrieved 5 February 2020.