Begusarai (TV series)
Begusarai is a daily soap opera that aired from Monday to Friday at 10:00 pm Indian standard time on &TV. The show premiered on 2 March 2015 and ended on 24 June 2016. It starred Shweta Tiwari, Shivangi Joshi, Sartaj Gill and Vishal Aditya Singh in lead roles.
The show is set in Begusarai, Bihar. The show was produced by Swastik Pictures (Swastik Productions Pvt. Ltd.).
|Genre||Indian soap opera|
|Developed by||Sachin Mohite|
|Written by||Anshuman Sinha|
Dilip & Archita Jha
|Creative director||Pritha Nag|
|Starring||Shweta Tiwari |
Vishal Aditya Singh
Mukul Raj Singh
|Opening theme||Begusarai Tune|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||02|
|No. of episodes||346|
|Running time||Approx. 22 minutes|
|Production companies||Saregama Productions (2015)|
Swastik Pictures (2015-2016)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||2 March 2015 –|
24 June 2016
Begusarai is a quaint quirky place in the hinterland of Bihar. It is the land of Phulan Thakur and his family, a land where bullets speak louder than words, where money and power are earned through bloodshed. Begusarai is a place where every man has to battle for his zar, zoru and zameen.[what language is this?] Friday 1 April 2016, the show took a 20-year leap in its plot line and a whole slew of new characters were brought in. The show now goes on with the central character of Bindiya Thakur taking care of 5 grown sons who are being groomed to rule Begusarai in Unity, as she is paranoid about any woman coming between them and splitting them apart.
A new family has now been introduced to provide much needed inherent conflict to the plot. Abhimanyyu Raj Singh as the honest and upright Ramakant Misra, Veebha Anand as his principled daughter Ananya and Vijay Kumar Singh as his wayward son Mayank, form the small nucleus family. The father, has been recently transferred as Head Constable, to the Begusarai police station. Ananya is the romantic angle to the lead son of the Maa Thakurain, Shakti Thakur and Mayank is the romantic and conflict angle for Soni, the daughter of the Thakur family. The new family brings in ready conflict to the plot-line, as the children of the Thakur family come of age after the 20 year leap in the story. There is a happy ending when Bindiya realizes her mistakes and all of them apologize to Ananya. In the final scene, Ananya and Shakti are seen together.
Poonam Kumari (Shivangi Joshi) is an intelligent girl who dreams of higher studies. Priyom Thakur (Sarrtaj Gill), the son of Begusarai's Bahubali, Phulan Thakur (Narendra Jha), a ladies man, is Poonam's childhood best friend. Lakhan Thakur (Vishal Aditya Singh) is Priyom's cousin brother, who constantly is under Priyom's shadow and has loved Poonam since childhood. Lakhan and Poonam's marriage is set by Phulan Thakur, and at first Poonam is not happy, since she wants to continue her studies. Lakhan at first agrees to let her study and then get married, but he starts torturing Poonam. Phulan Thakur finds out about this and breaks Lakhan and Poonam's alliance. He then arranges Poonam's alliance with Priyom and they start to fall in love with each other. Lakhan, finding out about this alliance, starts to wreak havoc on Begusarai and the Thakur family. He kidnaps Phulan's grandchildren and Poonam decides to marry Lakhan, so he will leave the Thakur family alone ,leaving her and Priyom's Love .
While this is going on, Bindiya (Shweta Tiwari), a dancer enters Begusarai to make money by dancing in Begusarai events. She brings chaos into the Thakur family, which cause Lakhan to start hating Priyom, his brother Mithilesh (Darshan Dave), and Phulan. It is soon revealed that Bindiya has come to Begusarai with an agenda. Bindiya's father used to be the King of Begusarai, till Phulan Thakur killed him and took his place, and left Bindiya and her mother on the road. She has come to ruin the Thakur family.
Once Lakhan and Poonam get married, Lakhan once again starts to torture Poonam. Phulan asks Lakhan to move into the Thakur Haveli, and at first he denies the offer. Once Poonam tells Lakhan the truth about her and Priyom, Lakhan decides to test Poonam by moving into the Thakur Haveli. Priyom seeing how he is affecting Lakhan and Poonam's marriage, decides to marry, and gets fake married to Bindiya, not knowing her truth. Poonam sensing that Bindiya does not have the right intentions for the Thakur family, constantly butts head with her. Believing she is trying to break Priyom's marriage for her personal benefit, Lakhan moves further away from Poonam. Poonam learns about Lakhan's love for her and how he never hurt anyone when he was trying to woo her, changes her mind about Lakhan and starts to like him.
Phulan gets arrested in an kidnapping that Bindiya did and Thakur family is left distraught. Poonam starts changing Lakhan into a soft person and they start getting close. Priyom constantly gets mad at Bindiya's antics and tries to change her into a better person. Then enter Datta ji, a man with old traditions and who believes men are the best, and women are nothing but servants. When Priyom, Mithilesh, and Lakhan's sister Guddi (Richa Mukherjee) gets pregnant with Poonam's brother's child, Datta ji decides to get her married to the next person he sees. Poonam's brother dies in an accident and Datta ji decides to bury Guddi and her child alive. All the women of the Thakur family get together with all the women of Begusarai and save Guddi from Datta ji and send him to jail.
Poonam starts to blame Lakhan for her brother's death and Lakhan decides to free Poonam from their marriage. They start living separately. Bindiya changes and becomes a good person. She and Priyom start to love each other, and he becomes the Bahubali of Begusarai. Priyom's older brother Mithilesh gets jealous of Priyom and decides to start his own business. When his business partner cheats him, he tries to kill the business partner and Priyom tries to stop him. In the ensuing battle, Priyom becomes collateral and dies by Mithilesh's hands. When Bindiya learns the truth, she decides to get revenge on Mithilesh. The entire family opposes her, except for Poonam and Lakhan. When she decides to file a case against Mithilesh, but loses when Badi Amma (Sulbha Arya) locks Poonam in the supply closet. Datta ji gets out of jail and comes back into the Thakur Haveli. He strips Bindiya in front of entire Begusarai and drowns her alive. Lakhan and Poonam try to save her, but are not able to. He also tries to kill Guddi and her child, but Poonam and Lakhan save her.
Poonam and Lakhan finally reveal their feelings for each other and start a new relationship. Bindiya is revealed to be alive, and comes back to get revenge against the entire Thakur family for not coming to save her. She gives mercy to Lakhan and Poonam, but tortures the rest of the members of the family, and even kills Datta ji. Choti Amma's granddaughter, Komal (Rati Pandey), comes to visit her while Bindiya becomes the Bahubali of Begusarai. Komal starts to fall in love with Lakhan and starts to help Bindiya financially, by bringing her a business partner named Sarkar. Sarkar demands a lot of Bindiya which causes Guddi to lose her child and Lakhan and Poonam to almost get a divorce. The Thakur family goes against Bindiya and Komal and try to figure out who Sarkar is. Sarkar is revealed to be Choti Amma (Madhvi Gokhte), who wants to get revenge on Thakur family and brought Komal to Thakur Family. In a chase between Komal and Choti Amma and Lakhan and Mithilesh, Komal's car falls off a cliff and Choti Amma and Komal die. Bindiya is revealed to be pregnant with Priyom's child.
A couple months later, Poonam and Mithilesh's wife, Maya (Vaishnavi Dhanraj), have also become pregnant. When all three daughter-in-laws are celebrating their baby shower and doing a puja by the river, Guddi gets pulled into the water. Everyone looks for her, but not in time and they find her dead body. It is revealed that Komal is actually alive and killed Guddi. Komal then kidnaps Mithilesh and Poonam's father, in demand that Poonam leaves Lakhan. Mithilesh and Poonam's father try to run away, but Poonam's father dies in the ensuing chase. Poonam decides to surrender herself for the safety of the Thakur family. Lakhan finds Poonam and Komal, and shoots Komal in the chest. Poonam falls unconscious and Lakhan takes her to the hospital. At the hospital some goons kidnap Poonam and it is revealed that Komal was saved after she got shot. Komal shoots Mithilesh and Lakhan and Poonam dies during childbirth. Bindiya takes the baby and decides to raise him as her own.
20 years laterEdit
20 years later, Bindiya has become Ma Thakurain and takes care of Mithilesh and Maya's kids, Soni (Riya Deepsi), Adarsh (Manish Naggdev), Amar (Parichay Sharma), and Samar (Mukul Raj Singh), her and Priyom's son, Garv (Ankit Gupta), and Poonam and Lakhan's son, Shakti (also Vishal Aditya Singh), who just looks like Lakhan. Bindiya hates women because of what Komal did to the family. The entire family is scared of her and never do anything she does not like. All the boys are like goons and do everything for Bindiya. Everyone calls her mom and Maya gets jealous that her own kids do not consider her their real mom. The show then brings in Ananya Mishra (Vibha Anand), the daughter of Ramakant Mishra, a constable who gets transferred to Begusarai. Ananya has an older good-for-nothing brother named Mayank (Mithli Jain), who is online chatting with Soni.
Ananya and Shakti first meet when Shakthi saves Ramakant from some goons. He asks for money, but since she has none, he takes her late mother's necklace. She gets it back, but also learns he is very scared of his mom. They have funny interactions going on. Mayank and Soni meet secretly, but someone sees them and tells Ma Thakurain (Bindiya). She plans to get Soni married within three days. When Mayank hears of this, he tries to commit suicide. When Ananya finds out the reason behind the suicide, she decides to let Soni and Mayank meet for one last time. But Mayank cheats Ananya and runs away with Soni. When the five brothers find out Ananya helped in Soni getting out, they kidnap her and torture to find out where Soni and Mayank went.
When Ananya gets free, through the help of the police, the police arrest Ma Thakurain and the brothers decide to get revenge. Ma Thakurain gets out of jail and Soni and Mayank return to Badi Haveli. Ma Thakurain decides to allow Soni and Mayank's marriage, but on the condition that Mayank live in their house. She asks Shakti to make Ananya fall in love with him, and then she will get her married to all of her sons. Ananya falls in love with Shakti, and Bindiya manages to get her married to all of the sons without interference. When Ananya learns the truth of her sham marriage, she decides to take revenge on the Thakur family and change them for the better. She manages to not let herself have any relations with the brothers and learns the oldest, Adarsh, is secretly married and is about to have his child.
She is able to get Adarsh's wife her rights in the house and Shakthi falls in love with Ananya. Bindiya changes back into her former self, when Badi Amma tells her she acting exactly like Datta ji. Ananya talks to Bindiya and then asks her if she can leave. Shakthi asks her to stay, but she says her trust was broken and she cannot stay. A few months later, Ananya is shown to be a teacher at a school and Shakti shows up. He asks her to forgive him and marry him for real and she finally forgives him. The show ends on a happy note with Ananya forgiving Shakti.
- Shweta Tiwari (Season 1–2) as Bindiya Priyom Thakur/Maa Thakurain: A ex-dancer; Priyom's wife; Garv's mother; Shakti, Amar, Adarsh, Samar and Soni's namesake mother (2015–2016)
- Sartaj Gill (Season 1) as Priyom Phulan Thakur; Phulan's younger son;Mithilesh, Rajkumar and Guddi's brother; Poonam's childhood friend turned ex-fiancé; Bindiya's husband; Garv's father ; Soni and Shakti's Uncle. (2015)
- Vishal Aditya Singh (Season 1) as Lakhan Thakur: Poonam's husband; Bhushan and Rekha's son; Priyom and Mithilesh's and Guddi's cousin; Shakti's father ; Soni's and Garv's Uncle. (2015–2016)
- Shivangi Joshi (Season 1) as Poonam Lakhan Thakur / Poonam Kumari: Lakhan's wife ; Munchita's Daughter; Priyom's childhood Best friend turned ex-fianceé; Shakti's mother (2015–2016)
- Vishal Aditya Singh (Season 2) as Shakti Lakhan Thakur: Poonam and Lakhan's son; Bindiya's namesake son; Ananya's husband (2016)
- Rati Pandey (Season 1) as Komal Thakur , Choti Amma's granddaughter , Later, she loves Lakhan (2016)
- Ankit Gupta as Garv Thakur; Priyom and Bindiya's son
- Vibha Anand (Season 2) as Ananya Thakur / Ananya Mishra : Ramakant's daughter; Mayank's sister, Shakti's wife (2016)
- Aalisha Panwar (Season 1) as Najma ; Ponam Childhood and Best Friend (2015)
- Sulbha Arya (Season 1) as Badi Amma Thakur ; Mithlesh ; Lakhan ; Priyom ; Rajkumar And Guddi's Grandmother ; Bhushan And phulan's Mother. (2015–2016)
- Narendra Jha (Season 1) as Phulan Thakur; Mithilesh, Priyom, Guddi and Rajkumar's father, Lakhan's uncle, Adarsh, Amar, Samar, Soni and Garv's grandfather (2015–2016)
- Vaishnavi Dhanraj (Season 1) / Kanishka Soni (Season 2) as Maya Mithilesh Thakur; Mithilesh's wife; Adarsh, Amar, Samar and Soni's mother (2015–2016)
- Darshan Dave (Season 1) as Mithilesh Thakur; Priyom, Guddi and Rajkumar's elder brother, Phulan's elder son, Lakhan's Cousin Maya's husband, Adarsh, Amar, Samar and Soni's father (2015–2016)
- Harshh Sethi (Season 1–2) as Bhusan Thakur; Rekha's husband; Phulan's younger brother; Lakhan's father; Shakti's grandfather 
- Malini Sengupta (Season 1–2) as Rekha Bhushan Thakur; Bhushan's wife; Lakhan's mother; Shakti's grandmother
- Riya Deepsi as Soni Mithilesh Thakur
- Richa Mukherjee as Guddi Phulan Thakur;Phulan's daughter Priyom, Rajkumar, Mithilesh's younger sister , Dolt's Love Interest
- Abhimanyyu Raj Singh as Ramakant Mishra/Baba
- Parichay Sharma as Amar Mithilesh Thakur
- Manish Naggdev as Adarsh Mithilesh Thakur
- Mukul Raj Singh as Samar Mithilesh Thakur
- Aru Krishansh Verma as Raj kumar Phulan Thakur; Phulan's youngest son; Priyom, Mithilesh and Guddi's brother
- Sudesh Berry as Manohar Thakur/Dadaji
- Saptrishi Ghosh as SP K N Rai
- Mithli Jain as Mayank Mishra
- Madhavi Gokhte as Choti Amma
- Nikhil Mehta as Dolt Munchita Kumar: Munchita's Son ; Poonam's Brother ; Guddi's Lover
- Ankit Mohan as SP Avinash Srivastav
- Dheeraj Miglani as Ghungroo
- Vineet Raina as Bhanu
- Nandini Singh as Shravani
- Prabhas Sreenu
- "TV's 'Begusarai' to end soon, will have a happy ending - Times of India". Times of India. 17 June 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "A story of the power-hungry to unfold on TV - Times of India". Times of India. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gayatri Kolwankar (30 June 2015). "Meet the dashing Thakurs of 'Begusarai' - Times of India". Times of India. Retrieved 1 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Revealed: Shweta Tiwari aka Bindiya's post leap look from 'Begusarai' - Times of India". Times of India. 22 March 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)