Balitang Amianan (previously known as 24 Oras North Central Luzon/24 Oras Amianan) is a pan-regional news program of the GMA Regional TV in the North Luzon super region. The newscast delivers the most recent news and current affairs issues in Filipino language. Initially created to deliver news from North Central Luzon, the newscast expanded its coverage into Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Cagayan Valley and parts of Central Luzon as part of GMA Regional's plans to strengthen its local news division. The newscast is primarily anchored by CJ Torida, Joanne Ponsoy, and Jasmin Gabriel-Galban.
|Also known as|
|Directed by||Nestor Casela|
|Narrated by||Al Torres|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Production locations||GMA Dagupan Broadcast Center, Claveria Road, Malued District, Dagupan|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||May 5, 2008 –|
Presented from the GMA TV Dagupan studios, Balitang Amianan delivers news headlines about the current events and feature segments in the provinces in Ilocos Region, namely Pangasinan, La Union, Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur, where Ilocano and Pangasinan were spoken by the interviewees; the provinces of Benguet, Ifugao, Mountain Province, Abra and Kalinga in the Cordillera Administrative Region; as well as parts of Central Luzon such as Zambales, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija and Pampanga, where Kapampangan was de facto spoken by the intervieweess except Aurora where many people speak Ilocano and the Cagayan Valley provinces of Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya and Quirino.
The newscast airs from Monday to Friday from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM on GMA Dagupan (TV-10), GMA TV-5 Ilocos Norte, GMA TV-48 Ilocos Sur, GMA TV-7 Abra, GMA TV-5 Mountain Province, GMA TV-7 Tuguegarao, GMA TV-13 Aparri, GMA TV-7 Isabela, GMA TV-5 Baler, GMA TV-7 Batanes, and GMA TV-10 Olongapo.
Balitang Amianan is also re-aired for national viewers under GTV’s late night block "Local News Matters: GMA Regional TV Strip" on a weekly basis. It airs every Monday at 11:50 PM since May 18, 2020.
As Balitang Amianan (2008-2014)Edit
It first aired on Channel 10 in Dagupan and anchored by former anchor for TV Patrol Dagupan/TV Patrol Laoag (now TV Patrol North Luzon) and Dateline Northern Luzon (now defunct) Jorge Guerrero and the first set of news reporters namely Joyce Segui, CJ Torida, Alfie Tulagan and Charisse Victorio. In June 2012, Jorge Guerrero left the show and moved to GMA Ilocos to become the solo anchor of Balitang Ilokano (later 24 Oras Ilokano). He is replaced by CJ Torida. In 2013 former reporter Joyce Segui joins Torida's co-anchor. The channel's biggest expose so far is about a casino which was established in Poro, San Fernando, La Union.
To strengthen its commitment of bringing the latest, most credible and most comprehensive news from the region, in July 2013, Balitang Amianan started its international broadcast on GMA News TV International alongside other newscasts Balitang Bisdak and 24 Oras Davao (now One Mindanao).
The newscast's first incarnation ended its 6-year run on November 7, 2014.
As 24 Oras North Central Luzon/24 Oras Amianan (2014-2016)Edit
Following changes of its now-main newscast 24 Oras, Balitang Amianan was rebranded as 24 Oras North Central Luzon effective November 10, 2014.
On August 31, 2015, 24 Oras North Central Luzon retitled as 24 Oras Amianan (after Ratsada 24 Oras of GMA Iloilo since July 20, now relaunched since August 27, 2018 as One Western Visayas) with an additional segment called "Trivia ni Araguy". 24 Oras Amianan aired its last telecast on January 29, 2016.
As Balitang Amianan (2016-present)Edit
On February 1, 2016, Balitang Amianan returned on the air after more than a year hiatus. On April 18, 2016, Faye Centeno joined as Torida's co-anchor in the newscast.
Since October 3, 2016, Balitang Amianan started its simulcast on GMA TV-5 Ilocos Norte, GMA TV-48 Ilocos Sur, GMA TV-7 Abra and GMA TV-5 Mountain Province as it expands its coverage area to the Ilocos Region and some parts of the Cordillera Administrative Region and Central Luzon.
On January 2, 2017, the newscast updated its opening billboard and lower third graphics similar to 24 Oras, together with other newscasts Balitang Bisdak and One Mindanao.
On October 23, 2017, Balitang Amianan relaunched with a brand new set and segments (including the well-known Anto Tan?), as well as theme music and OBB, similar to its sister regional news program One Mindanao, GMA Regional TV's newscast for Mindanao stations, which was launched two months earlier. Longtime correspondent Joanne Ponsoy joined Torida and Centeno to anchor the newscast.
In July 2018, longtime reporter Jasmin Gabriel-Galban joined Torida and Ponsoy on the anchor team. She replaced Faye Centeno, who left the newscast.
On July 29, 2019, the newscast tweaks a minor revision of its titlecard, changing its font color to green, reflecting it with its co-produced national newscast GMA Regional TV Weekend News (now Regional TV Weekend News), which was launched on July 27. A week after, on August 5, 2019, Balitang Amianan updated their graphics and introduced new opening titles patterned with its co-produced national newscast (featuring the sceneries of the program's coverage area). The newscast had a more relaxed set-up with couches instead of the tables and chairs that viewers usually see on typical newscasts intending to be an extension of viewers' living room, further connecting the news anchors and the viewers. Balitang Amianan will open its doors to the public every Friday as it invites viewers to participate as live studio audience.
On March 15, 2021, Balitang Amianan expands its simulcast on GMA TV-7 Tuguegarao, GMA TV-13 Aparri, GMA TV-7 Isabela, GMA TV-5 Baler, GMA TV-7 Batanes, and GMA TV-10 Olongapo. Three months later, on June 17, 2021, Balitang Amianan updated its opening billboard to reflect the addition of Cagayan Valley and the rest of Cordillera and Central Luzon (except for Bataan and Bulacan) to its coverage area.
- CJ Torida - Main Anchor & Senior Desk Manager
- Joanne Ponsoy - Co-anchor & Correspondent
- Jasmin Gabriel-Galban - Co-anchor & Correspondent
- Glam Calicdan-Dizon - Program Manager
- Marjorie Padua - Supervising Producer
- Russel Simorio (relief anchor)
- Ivy Hernando - Ilocos Sur correspondent; formerly with the now-defunct 24 Oras Ilokano
- Claire Lacanilao (relief anchor)
- King Guevarra (relief anchor)
- Trace Justine De Leon - Senior Desk Manager
- Jorge Guerrero
- Jessica Manwi-it† - (died on June 2016)
- Charmaine Alvarado
- Lilian Bautista-Tiburcio
- Mike Sabado
- Hazel Cawaing
- Jeeson Alamar
- Peha Lagao
- Charisse Victorio
- Joyce Segui
- Shiela Mae Finuliar
- Anthony Ron Allister "Ka Tonying" Tañedo a.k.a. Araguy - Trivia ni Araguy segment host
- Michael Sison
- Jette Arcellana - (now a lawyer)
- Faye Centeno
- Alfie Tulagan
- Kim Bandarlipe
- Maureen Dalope-Galapon - former Program Manager
- Dennis Alipio - Ilocos Norte correspondent; formerly with the now-defunct 24 Oras Ilokano
- Argie Lorenzo - Abra correspondent; formerly with the now-defunct 24 Oras Ilokano, now with 103.7 Joy FM Abra
- Vic Alhambra - La Union correspondent
- Junjun Sy - Nueva Ecija correspondent
- Ronald Leander - Aurora correspondent
- Blotter (Police Reports)
- Bantay Panahon (Weather Reports)
- Bantay Bagyo (Typhoon Reports)
- Health Alert (Health Reports)
- Magkano? (Price Reports)
- May Trabaho Ka! (Job Reports)
- Hayop sa Balita (Animal Reports)
- Hulicam (Caught-on-Cam Reports)
- Laban Kontra Droga (Drug Reports)
- Balitang Barangay (Neighborhood Reports)
- Dengue Watch (Dengue Reports)
- Balitang Sports (Sports Reports)
- Extra (Features & Showbiz Reports)
- Extra Income (Money Reports)
- Good News (Good Features)
- Campus News (Campus Reports)
- Kapuso Serbisyo (Public Service Reports)
- Kapuso Barangayan (Event Reports)
- Batang Amianan (Children Reports)
- GMA RTV Presents (Special Reports)
- #Spreadkindness (Profile Reports)
- Trip Natin/G na G! (Travel Reports)
- Kwento ng Pilipino (Story Reports)
- Anto Tan? (Questions)
- Mangan Tila (Food Reports)
- 'Yan ang Pinoy! (Talented Reports)
- Balitang Agri (Agri Reports)
- Pista sa Amianan (Fiesta Reports)
- Ratsada Probinsya (Other Reports)
- I-Amianan Mo! (Problem Reports)
- Exclusive (Exclusive Reports)
- Hanepbuhay (Work Reports)
- Kapuso sa Kalikasan (Environmental Reports)
- Manila Standard Showbiz (May 17, 2020). "'GMA Regional TV Strip' on GMA News TV". Manila Standard.
- "GMA International - Bringing Filipinos Abroad Closer to Home". www.gmanetwork.com. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- Regional news now more accessible to Pinoys abroad via GMA News TV International
- "GMA Ilocos".
- "Balitang Amianan".
- Balitang Amianan elevates local news reporting with new look, beefed-up content
- Balitang Amianan: March 18, 2021
- Balitang Amianan: June 17, 2021