Badhoevedorp is a town in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer in the province of North Holland, Netherlands. It lies next to the Ringvaart around Haarlemmermeer, the canal around the former Lake Haarlem, at the side of the polder bordering Amsterdam and Amstelveen.
|• Total||9.09 km2 (3.51 sq mi)|
|Elevation||−3.3 m (−10.8 ft)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Badhoevedorp has a population of around 11,370.
Notable residents include Björn Ottenheim of the band zZz, former Dutch national team footballer Marco van Basten, Jack van Gelder, Tonny Eyk and Toon van Driel. The Rijksweg 9 passes next to the town, from 8 August 1967 to 10 April 2017, the motorway passed through the town, however it was diverted, with the original section being closed and demolished to make place for new development in the area.
Notable people from Badhoevedorp edit
MGA Entertainment's Benelux division has its headquarters in Badhoevedorp. Sony Corporation's Benelux and European divisions also had their headquarters in Badhoevedorp until its European division was split between two new headquarters in Berlin (Sony Center Potsdamer Platz) and London in the early-2000s, while its Benelux division moved its headquarters to Hoofddorp in 2016. The former Sony Badhoevedorp building was converted into a hotel in 2019.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2021". Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 30 April 2022.
- "Postcodetool for 1171AA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. 24 July 2019. Retrieved 30 April 2022.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Gemeente Op Maat 2004: Haarlemmermeer
- "Contact Archived 2009-08-22 at the Wayback Machine." MGA Entertainment. Retrieved on December 26, 2009.
- "Europees hoofdkantoor Sony terug naar Nederland". 21 January 2019.