This article possibly contains original research. (December 2021)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017)
The Bachelor of Computer Science (abbreviated BCompSc or BCS) is a bachelor's degree for completion of an undergraduate program in computer science. In general, computer science degree programs emphasize the mathematical and theoretical foundations of computing.
Typical requirements edit
Because computer science is a wide field, courses required to earn a bachelor of computer science degree vary. A typical list of course requirements includes topics such as:
- Computer programming
- Programming paradigms
- Data structures
- Logic & Computation
- Computer architecture
- Linear algebra
- Probability theory and statistics
- Combinatorics and discrete mathematics
- Differential calculus and mathematics
Beyond the basic set of computer science courses, students can typically choose additional courses from a variety of different fields, such as:
- Theory of computation
- Operating systems
- Numerical computation
- Compilers, compiler design
- Real-time computing
- Distributed systems
- Computer networking
- Data communication
- Computer graphics
- Artificial intelligence
- Human-computer interaction
- Information theory
- Software testing
- Information assurance
Related degrees edit
See also edit
- "BCS Program (Second Degree) | Computer Science at UBC". www.cs.ubc.ca. Archived from the original on 2022-04-29. Retrieved 2022-10-02.
- Marketing. "Bachelor of Computer Science (with specialisation)". study.csu.edu.au. Archived from the original on 2022-07-10. Retrieved 2022-10-02.
- "Computer Science (BCS) - Eastern Washington University". Archived from the original on 2022-06-10. Retrieved 2022-10-02.
- "IWU | Bachelors in Computer Science | Computing and Engineering". www.indwes.edu. Archived from the original on 2022-03-19. Retrieved 2022-10-02.
- "BCS and BMath CS Majors". University of Waterloo. 2017-02-13. Archived from the original on 2022-09-21. Retrieved 2022-10-02.
- "Bachelor of Computer Science (BCOMPSC) Degree". University of Wollongong in Dubai. Archived from the original on 2016-12-18. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
-  Archived 2015-09-09 at the Wayback Machine Course description of the Bachelor of Computer Science at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
-  Archived 2010-11-16 at the Wayback Machine Bachelor of Computer Science at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.
-  Archived 2011-07-20 at the Wayback Machine Classes available through Purdue University's Computer Science Department
- "Computer Science concentrations offered by Stevens Institute". Stevens Institute of Technology. Archived from the original on 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "Saint Leo University program description offering Information assurance specialization". Saint Leo University. Archived from the original on 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "B.S. Computer Science - Cybersecurity Concentration". Fairleigh Dickinson University. Archived from the original on 2011-12-31. Retrieved 2011-12-01.