Computer science and engineering
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) is an academic program at many universities which comprises scientific and engineering aspects of computing. CSE is also a term often used in Europe to translate the name of engineering informatics academic programs.
Academic programs vary between colleges. Courses usually include introduction to programming, introduction to algorithms and data structures, computer architecture, operating systems, computer networks, parallel computing, embedded systems, algorithms design, circuit analysis and electronics, digital logic and processor design, computer graphics, scientific computing, software engineering, database systems, digital signal processing, virtualization, computer simulations and games programming. CSE programs also include core subjects of theoretical computer science such as theory of computation, numerical methods, machine learning, programming theory and paradigms. Modern academic programs also cover emerging computing fields like image processing, data science, robotics, bio-inspired computing, computational biology, autonomic computing and artificial intelligence. Most of the above CSE areas require initial mathematical knowledge, hence the first year of study is dominated by mathematical courses, primarily discrete mathematics, mathematical analysis, linear algebra and statistics, as well as the basics of physics - field theory and electromagnetism.
Example universities with CSE majorsEdit
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Oxford
- California Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- North South University
- North Western University, Khulna
- Dhaka University
- University of Barisal
- University of Chittagong
- American University of Beirut
- Santa Clara University
- University of Michigan
- University of New South Wales
- University of Washington
- Bucknell University
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- National University of Singapore
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- University of Nevada
- University of Notre Dame
- Delft University of Technology
- "Courses in Computer Science and Engineering | Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering". www.cs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Home | MIT Schwarzman College of Computing | Massachusetts Institute of Technology". computing.mit.edu.
- "Stanford Computer Science". cs.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2021-04-12.
- "Home | School of Engineering and Physical Science | North South University". www.northsouth.edu.
- "Home | Dhaka University Computer Science and Engineering | Dhaka University". www.du.ac.bd.
- "Computer Science and Engineering at American University of Beirut (AUB)" (PDF).
- "Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at UNSW".
- "Welcome to Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering | Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering". www.cs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Computer Science Majors". www.bucknell.edu. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITK".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITB".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITD".
- "Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering".
- "Computer Science & Engineering". University of Nevada, Reno. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Department of Computer Science and Engineering". cse.nd.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering". TU Delft. Retrieved 2020-12-08.