|Song by Tanishk Bagchi featuring Ash King|
|from the album Half Girlfriend|
|Released||11 April 2017|
|Genre||Filmi, love song|
|Lyricist(s)||Arafat Mehmood, Tanishk Bagchi|
According to a report by the Hindustan Times newspaper, singer Jubin Nautiyal claimed he had recorded the song and was shocked when he realized his version was not retained. Reacting to the statement, composer Tanishk Bagchi said they had recorded the song with many singers but found Ash King's version to be the most suitable for the film.
Release and responseEdit
Baarish reached number one on the Pinkvilla chart.
India.com in its review wrote: "The composers have used Santoor in the song which gives us the feel of rain. Santoor is the only instrument that gives us the feel of nature and happiness within seconds and the effect is clearly visible in this song too. The lyrics is quite catchy in the main verse and compels us to hum it However, the stanzas are a bit boring and we need to hear it a couple of times to fit it into our minds. Singers Ash King & Shashaa Tirupati have done a wonderful job. The song is composed by Tanishk Bagchi and written by Arafat Mehmood & Tanishk Bagchi again".
The song received mixed reviews by the Daily News and Analysis, which wrote: "The song’s lyrics, which are written by Arafat Mehmood and Tanishk Bagchi, are nothing beyond mediocre. And it is surprising because both of them have done some incredible work in the past. It reminds us of the strong connection between Shraddha and rains, they have been almost inseparable in all her films. We literally cannot think of a movie without a rain song picturised on Shraddha. What’s also amusing is the fact that she is under the rain but for most part of the song, she doesn’t get wet. Are you serious? This song is definitely not the best work of director Mohit Suri, who has musical hits like Aashiqui 2 and Ek Villain to his credit. But we are sure it would become one of your favorites, especially if you are friendzoned or in a one-sided relationship."
|Mirchi Top 20||1|||
|Mirchi Top 100||1|
Credits and personnelEdit
- Vocals – Ash King and Shashaa Tirupati
- Music – Tanishk Bagchi
- Lyrics – Arafat Mehmood and Tanishk Bagchi
- Guitars – Mayukh Sarkar and Tanishk Bagchi
- Santoor – Prashant
- Violins – Manas
- Mixing and mastering – Eric Pillai (Future Sound of Bombay)
- Assistant mixing engineers – Michael Edwin Pillai and Lucky
- Programming – Tanishk Bagchi and Shamita (Team Acid)
Awards and NominationsEdit
|2018||Zee Cine Awards||Song of the Year||Tanishk Bagchi||Won|
|Best Playback Singer (Male)||Ash King||Nominated|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Music Album||Various||Nominated|
|Best Male Playback Singer||Ash King||Nominated|
|Mirchi Music Awards||Song of The Year||-||Nominated|
|Male Vocalist of The Year||Ash King||Nominated|
|Music Composer of The Year||Tanishk Bagchi||Nominated|
|Lyricist of The Year||Arafat Mehmood & Tanishk Bagchi||Nominated|
- "Half girlfriends new song baarish". Showsha. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Half Girlfriend's Baarish: Jubin Nautiyal says he's shocked his version was chucked out". Hindustan Times. 18 April 2017. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Baarish Official Music Video on YouTube". Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- Urvi Parikh (15 May 2017). "May Week 2: Meri Pyaari Bindu and Half Girlfriend songs bag top positions on music charts". Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Times of India: Half girlfriend music review". Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- Praachi Kulkarni (10 May 2017). "India.com: Half Girlfriend music review". Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "DNA:Baarish song review". Dnaindia.com. DNA Web Desk. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Mirchi Top 20". Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- "Mirchi Top 100". Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Nominations - Mirchi Music Awards 2017". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 13 March 2018.