BMW UKL platform
The UKL platform (UKL=Untere Klasse, lower class in German) is an automobile platform developed by German car manufacturer BMW. It is a modular architecture to suit a range of front and four-wheel drive models.
|Parent company||BMW Group|
|Also called||UKL1, UKL2|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||UKL1 : Subcompact|
UKL2 : Compact car
|Layout||Front engine, front wheel drive,|
optional four-wheel drive
|Related||BMW CLAR platform|
Another UKL platform derivative is the FAAR platform, designed with hybrid and electric powertrains in mind.
Models announced include:
- Mini Clubman (F54) (2016–present)
- BMW 2 Series Active Tourer (F45) (2014–present)
- BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer (F46) (2015–present)
- BMW X1 (F48) (2015–present)
- BMW X2 (F39) (2017–present)
- Zinoro 60H (F48) (2017–present) – China
- Mini Countryman (F60) (2017–present)
- BMW 1 Series Sedan (F52) (2017–present) – China
- BMW 1 Series (F40) (2019–present)
- Kacher, Georg (2017-07-24). "Erste Infos zum neuen 1er" [First info about the new 1-Series]. Auto Bild (in German).
- Holloway, Hilton (2013-07-21). "How BMW and Mini will sell a million cars per year off one platform". Autocar. Retrieved 2014-05-26.